Prolouge

Prolouge-

"NO....." I wailed as the envelope fell out of my hand, I slowly felt myself begin to crumble as my hands came to my face to catch the tears i ran upstairs to my room before my parents began to ask me what was wrong and i would have to show them the awful letter. Still cying i got undressed and hopped into the shower i tried to cry myself out before i got out... but that didnt work. I slid the letter in the bottom drawer of  the dresser and let out a screetching wail as i watched it lay there with the others.

...

I must have cried myself to sleep because when i woke up i was on the ground next to a pool of drool. i pulled my cell phone out and walked to the window sill and sat on the ledge i dialled Val's number and told her about the other letter, "i will be there in just a minute" she said and i could just see the slight smile on her face through the phone. I watched as she crossed the street, but I didn't move. I heard the slight sound of a door bell then my mom answer the door, "Hello Valerie, Kat is upstairs" "Ok thanks Mrs.Maggie". Without knocking Valerie walks in i don't look at her, I can sense her still at the door and tell she's looking at me. After a long time she turns,shuts the door and walks to the bed. "do you want to talk about it?" i turn to look at her thats when i notice she has a bruise under her left eye. 

"OMG VAL WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!" forgetting about the letter all of my attention is on my best friend. "don't worry we broke up" she said after a long pause." I KNEW HE WAS A JERK, WHY WOULD-" she stops me and asks that dredded question. "well now what?"