Chapter 5: Bad news

A/N: ok boring chapter but the next one will be juicy!!!!! ;)

Chapter 5: Bad news

                “Wait, so she can get the surgery as soon as tomorrow?” I hear Val ask the doctor. I still can’t believe the results. A couple of punches to the face and it cause a blood clout in thee brain? You have got to be kidding me, this is just my luck. That’s not even including a broken arm and a broken rib. The rib thing I have to wear a brace thing around my torso. “Its ok love, I will stay with you” Harry says now standing next to me. He kisses my hand and holds it tight before letting go and stepping out of the room with the doctor. I can see there shadows through the covered windows. I turn my head to face Val and Liam they both looked shocked, Val still staring past me in an oblivious glare says, still not making eye contact “I’m sorry” she says. Now I’m confused “what are you talking about?” I ask. She turns towards me now,” think about it Kat it was me who was egging her on and pushing her buttons and it was my plan to lock her out. It’s my entire fault and you know it, I’m just a terrible friend and you are such a good one I don’t deserve you not at all.” She says. “Now Val-“she cuts me off. “No it’s always been like this I always get you in trouble and you just go along with it. But now it is just not fair because now I brought physical pain to you” she says this in such a tone I think she scarred herself. Tears are now running down her cheeks. “Valerie Mcphee, you are the best friend anyone could ever ask for. We are a team and you know it. It’s not like you told Amber to do this, and in a way we both took a blow from this. She hurt me and that hurt you and by letting this come between our friendship we let her win.”  I say now crying because even though I have been going through some tuff times I have a friend that will always be there and try to take the blame for something that obviously was not her fault. “Come here” I say pulling her into a tight hug. “Ouch” I yelp. We both start laughing at how weak I am considering I am normally the tough athletic one.  Liam walks over to Val and pulls her into a awkward sideways hug “I’m going to go to rehearsals I will call you when I’m done, please let me now if you need anything.” He says looking at her with huge loving eyes. “sure” she responds before giving him a quick peck on the lips. He leaves the room and I can hear Harry still talking to the doctor. As soon as the door shuts I turn to Val and pelt her with questions. “soo.. what about you and Liam, how did that happen?, I totally call maid of honor!, ohh so what happened when I was out, and are me and Harry dating? Cuz the lady said ‘we can’t have anything happen to harry style’s girlfriend now can we’. Tell me, tell me, tell me!” I ask with a ton of curiosity and enthusiasm. “ok chill out I will tell you” so of coarse I got the maid of honor position and Val and Liam fell for each other at first sight so it was bound to happen. And I’m not really dating Harry just we needed a room so it was easiest to say that. But apparently he couldn’t stop talking to me and holding my hand while I was out so I don’t know maybe something will happen between us but I’m not sure. “oh and Val, did you call and tell my parents?” I ask my mind suddenly refocused. “I did, they said they really wish they could be here but can’t make it so they said to call them with the news.” She said not making eye contact “they also they said they found the letters.” She said looking up shyly. “oh, can I call them” I say with no emotion. My mom picks up write away, she sounds like she hasn’t gotten a second of sleep and she has probably waiting for the phone to ring. “hey Kitty how are you feeling?” she says “um good , considering”  Harry walks in now I turn the phone on speaker so him and Val can hear. “good, so what did the doctor say.” She asks curiously. “um well I have a broken arm and I broke a rib bone. But I got some knoks to the face that caused a blood clot in my brain.” I tell her. “oh sweetie I’m sorry so are they doing surgery.” She asks. “um yeah” Harry mouths the word tomorrow. “it’s tomorrow” I tell her. “oh good the sooner the better” she says. I don’t respond, and she fills in the silence by saying “sweetie why didn’t you tell me about the letters?” “I didn’t want to disappoint you and dad” I say. “daring you could never disappoint us.” She says in the most soothing voice she could say. At this point Harry looks completely lost. “I know” I say. ”well” she says changing the subject. “do you have a place to stay for the month?” she asks. Harry must notice that im upset from talking about the letters he takes the phone. “hi, um yeah Kat is going to stay with me” he says in the phone. He turns the phone off speaker and walks out into the hall but leaves the door open. He must have really turned on the charm because I could hear them laughing from the room. He walks back into the room, “alright bye Mags.” Mags what! He is already calling my mom Mags she won’t even let Val cal her Maggie she has to call her Mrs. Maggie.  “ok here is Kathryn.” He says handing me the phone. “Oh my you have a great guy there don’t loose him Kitty.” She says I ca feel my cheeks get red as the phone is still on speaker. “ok mom I won’t” I say back. “alright I love you, call me back when your surgery is done” she says. “ok, love you to.” I hang up the phone and turn to my friends. “so..” Harry says. “does this mean we are a thing”  he asks. “what?” I say back. “well  you said it yourself you won’t loose me” he says with a grin. Something about his accent makes my heart melt and I can’t say no, not that I would anyway. “Of coarse, I thought you would never ask” I say with a giggle. “ He sits on the end of my bed looking straight into my eyes and says “never stop smiling” I don’t respond instead I scoot over and pat the space next to me. He understands and lays next to me I glance at Val almost forgetting she was there and she gives me a genuine smile. I laugh as she turns on Nemo and fall asleep. I’m half asleep when I feel a pair of warm lips press against my temple. mom was right i do have an amazing man!