INTERLUDE

"You like my brother !" Jace declared when Simon stepped back in. "Makes so much more sense now ! That's why you're a stuttering mess around me !" He chuckled.

Simon raised both of his eyebrows, lost.
"Who now ?"

"Alec. My brother."

"I do ?"

"I saw you two outside." Jace said, cheeks reddening a little. "I wasn't spying on you ! I swear ! I just saw..."

Simon chuckled, dryly. "I don't care." He shrugged. "No. I do not like Alec. I love Magnus and want him happy." He declared and motioned to move away.

Jace followed him. "That is literally the most you ever said to me." He grinned. "Are we getting somewhere Lewis ?"

Simon turned around. He tried. He really tried to glare at Jace. But it turned fond. He shook his head, choosing to remain silent.

"So there's something I wanted to say... You're... Well, I don't know you yet. You never gave me the opportunity to get to know you. But obviously Clary cares a lot about you so you must be pretty awesome. Like me." He chuckled. "And since you're her best friend, I supposed it would be better if we weren't avoiding each other 24/7..." He shrugged. "Truce ?"

Simon took the hand offered to him, shaking it with a firm grip. "Truce."

And then...

Then Jace grinned and he forgot to let go.

He should've.

Definitely.

Because a second later, they were crashed together as someone tried to make their way past them.

His face... His face was even more flawless from up close... Simon's eyes trailed to the blond's bottom lip before quickly looking back up; noticing how painfully close they were physically standing but knowing all too well how mentally far they actually were.

No one leant it. No sparkle in Jace's eyes, no magical but confusing kiss. None of that shit. Just Simon storming off before the blonde could say anything.

"So much for truce..."