AVENGE HER ?

"WAYLAND ! WHAT THE WACKADOODLEDOO ??"

That's what Jace was met with when he walked out of history.

A tired sigh moved his chest,
"Stop right there. She broke up with me."

"What ? No. She would never. She loves you, and you hurt her ! So I... I have to hurt you..? Maybe..?" Jace scoffed and walked away. Simon ran after him. Unconsciously playing with his feelings was one thing, playing with Clary's was another. "No."

Jace frowned and turned around. "No..?"

"No." Simon repeated.

"... No..?" The blonde raised an eyebrow.

"No. You don't get to do this. I know I didn't give you the shovel talk, cause I thought we were way past that. But that doesn't give you the right to hurt my best friend."

Jace tilted his head to the side, his eyes turning fond but bittersweet. "We weren't good for each other. Clary, she was just courageous enough to end things while I was fine with letting them rot."

"Oh." Simon furrowed his brows. "Answer me this though, what is there not to love about Clarissa Adele Fairchild ?"

"Nothing." Jace answered truthfully. "I would know, I did." He shrugged. "We just craved for something different. Untold feelings and hidden secrets didn't help either."

Simon chuckled and patted Jace's shoulder. "Listen very carefully. A wise and beautiful philosophe once said : "If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing. Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems. Even if you're scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it, and you say it loud and you go from there." He smiled a little, trying to not choke on his tied tongue, mouth full of untold feelings. "So if you think you can fix things with Clary, just talk with her, okay ? She'll understand."

Jace smiled back, small but genuine. "I'll think about it." He said before walking away.

"Oh. Hey Jace !" Simon called, making the other turn around. "I think this is the longest conversation we ever had." He smiled, proud of himself before walking away too, leaving the other one a bit bewildered.