Oblivion Bay-30 Years Ago

During the beginning of the war, the Jaegers were deemed "invincible", due to the Jaegers fighting Category 2's and 1's with Mark 3's and Mark 4's. Then, years later, at the midpoint of the war, Gipsy Danger went down by a Category 3, Knifehead. I was working at Oblivion Bay when they brought her in...and Coyote Tango, and Tacit Ronin, and many more to come. Gipsy's demise was a start, the start for the Kaiju's using tactics and having abilities. Me and my friend Marcus were working at Oblivion Bay at that time. It's a junkyard for the destroyed Jaegers. We had worked there for 14 years, 14 long years during the war. Nearing the end of the war, we got the order to abandon Oblivion Bay, for everyone was going to the Shatterdome at Hong Kong, Marcus and I saw the 4 remaining Jaegers, Crimson Typhoon, Cherno Alpha, Striker Eureka, and Gipsy Danger. Gipsy was one of the Jaegers that was rushed to get her back in the fight. Coyote Tango was rushed too, but was demolished by a Category 4 named Tyvore. Tyvore had the ability to regenerate limbs, only one way to kill anything like that: the heart. Coyote Tango was sent with a Jaeger named Marksman Override. It was Marksman Override that killed Tyvore, the very 1st Category 4. Marksman Override was a Mark 5, the second ever made and he came from France. Marksman Override wasn't destroyed by the Kaiju's later on, he was decommissioned and put in Oblivion Bay for storage. Marksman Override has a burden to bear on himself, he couldn't save the cities of Malibu and Pearl Harbor. That was when the heavy hitters of Category 4's started coming in play and only one Jaeger wasn't enough. Then the Double Event happened in Hong Kong, Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon were destroyed in an instant by Otachi and Leatherback, both Category 4's. Marcus and I were shocked, 2 Jaegers, gone, in the blink of an eye. We heard Striker and Gipsy were the only one's left and the plan was to blow up the breach with a nuclear payload attached to Striker Eureka. That didn't work, as the Triple Event took place, Raiju, Scunner, Category 4's and Slattern, the first Category 5. Striker blew up Scunner by activating the payload, and Gipsy cut Raiju in half. Slattern somehow survived and Gipsy had to blow a hole in it's chest to put it down for good, then destroyed the breach by blowing itself up. Gipsy ended the Great Kaiju War for good by blowing the breach, but, eventually, that would change.