chapter 2

I felt the rough texture of the thick rope around my neck and wrists. The gentle breeze caress my sweat-coated face as I stare into icy blue eyes laden with hatred and disgust. His gorgeous face stood out in the crowd of villagers, who came to witness the hanging of the girl who married the king in hopes of saving father. My heart thumped painfully as I tore my eyes from the man I thought I loved. My green eyes settled on two palace guards standing beside the man I did all of this for...Leandro Castella, my father. His once clean and brightly coloured clothes were now torn and dirty. His skin was adorned with cuts and gashed oozing blood. His eyes were emotionless as he look at me. They held no sympathy for his only daughter who was now about to be hanged. I felt a stab of betrayal to know that my father didn't care what happened to me after what I did for him. I was weak and all hope of being saved was washed away the moment the rope was around my neck. I close my eyes waiting for my husband to give the go-ahead to have me hanged.

I shouldn't have tried to outrun Damian. I should have known he'd find me. After all, he was a vampire and a king. I was foolish in harbouring hopes of escaping. I hadn't gotten the time to exit the door. My leg was too badly injured to move fast enough. I was a breath away from the swirling portal to the human world, when Damian grabbed me. I had no doubt he smelled my blood and followed it, that was how he found me. He sentenced me to death immediately. I was charged for helping a criminal, 'my father', and for deceiving my king. He deemed me unworthy of life so he had me ushered to the town square where I'd take my last breath in front of everyone.

I breath in slowly, trying to control my erotic breathing. My frantic heart was slamming against my chest in fear. I felt dread tighten its cruel hands around my throat as tears pooled in my eyes. I had no hope left of keeping my life. I was going to die. I had nothing to live for anyway. The man I loved hated me, and my father didn't care if I die or not.

A tear slid down my cheek as I took a deep breath. I felt a blanked of calm settle on me as I realised that all of this will be over soon. Shahema Castella would be no more. I heard Damian's cold voice saying "Hang her". I open my eyes and smiled sadly at him. Another tear traced the previous on down my cheek.

I felt a harsh drag around my neck then...blackness.

***Hey! Hi there...how's it going whattpaders!? Lol. So this is my first book on whattpad...well my first book ever that I intend to finish. lol. I know this chapter is short but I was hoping u guys will support me by COMENTING and VOTING...plz plz plz...pretty plz. Ok? Alright :)***