Chapter One

====Jacob's P.O.V.====

I'm staring at the wall right now. Staring, because i have nothing better to do. Well, nothing better until it's time for lunch. Lunch is my favorite time of day because that is when they let Gracie out. I'm allowed out of my room whenever i want to leave but, Gracie is not. It's because they still run tests on her. She's allowed out for lunch though. I meet her in the lunchroom and we hang out and talk the whole time.

A bell rings over the intercom system. Well, looks like it's time for lunch now. I sit up in my bed and quickly shove my shoes onto my feet before standing. I check that my wings are tucked securely under my shirt before i open my door and step out into the hall, looking down so i don't meet anyone's eyes by accident. After closing my door i started down the hall towards the elevator passing multiple guards, who were standing in their usual spots. As i got to the elevator a guy walked up to it after me and stood to the side of me as he waited for the elevator to arrive.

"Hey..." the guy said.

"Hi." i responded quietly.

"Sorry, i can't hear you. Do you mind speaking up?" he said turning towards me.

"I said hi." i replied louder so he could hear. He stuck out his hand, supposedly for a handshake, and i glanced up at him. He had fair skin, jet black hair, pure white eyes, and dark grey wolf ears and a dark grey tail.

"Well, are you gonna shake my hand?" he said. I quickly stuck my hand out to his and shook it before returning my hand to my side, all without saying a word. Just then, the elevator arrived and i got on quickly with the stranger following me.

"Where are you going?" he asked as his hand hovered over the destination buttons.

"Lunchroom." i replied. He nodded and pressed the button for the first floor. The doors closed and the elevator began to descend to the first floor. The stranger turned to me again before saying,

"So, my name is Jason and i'm 25% wolf. How about you?" i paused for a moment before replying.

"My name is Jacob."

"Cool.. what about your animal?"

"What?"

"I asked what your animal was."

"Oh... i'm part dove"

"What percentage?" i looked over at him. He was asking me about what my percentage was! I wasn't about to tell some random person what i don't even know! I shook my head and looked down. The elevator doors opened and i stepped out quickly, and headed through the crowded room over to the spot that i usually go to while i wait for Gracie. The stranger from the elevator shrugged and headed over to the lunch line. Just then i was tackled to the ground by a small person. I landed on my back, and on my wings.

"I got you Jay!" Gracie squealed. She sat up laughing, pushing her long blonde hair out of her face.

"Gracie! i told you to stop tackling me!" i groaned as i sat up, rubbing my back and wings.

"What? You usually catch me before i tackle you!" she stated, her left ear twitching slightly. She was 25% polar bear. "Why didn't you? Were you distracted? Why were you distracted?" she bombarded me with questions.

"Someone was trying to talk to me while we were on the elevator." i told her. She looked around the lunchroom before looking at me and asking who. "That guy over there. The one with the dark hair." i pointed across the room at the guy, Jason.

"Oh you mean Jason? He's cool, we should go sit by him!" Gracie says. She then stands and helps me up. I look at her questioningly and ask her why. "Because we should socialize with other people! Duh, silly." she then grabs my wrist and starts skipping over to him dragging me behind. I stop causing her to stop too.