Chap. 10 - I Do *FINALE*

I dedicate this last chapter to a lady who's been an huge inspiration not only to me but to other JulNiel Jammers. Dahil sa kanya, di kami nawawalan ng pag-asa :) Mwuahugs! Enjoy the last kabanta. teehee :*

~~~

It was finally the day. The day that all their troubles would disappear into mid-air. When they would join as one, and be devoted to loving each other for the rest of their lives.

For, it was February 14th. Yes, Valentine’s Day, but after this, it would have a whole other meaning to the people of Berlin. It would be remembered as the day where two different worlds collided, when the unexpected . . . happened.

Julia Isabella Schnittka stared at herself in the tall mirror. Her hair was piled up on her head, and  was in an elegant white dress that went all the way to the floor, and dragged along behind her. It had sequence along the pale blue flower that was sewed at the waist, and at the hem at the bottom. It was just like the one Julia had imagined wearing on her wedding day when she was six. When she wanted to grow up and marry a handsome prince.

Around her neck, was the beautiful necklace her soon-to-be husband had given her a year before, just days before they got caught in the garden.

Julia chuckled to herself.

She was in the back of the town’s church. It was her wedding day, and she felt like she was at the top of the world. She imagined all the newspapers, and billboards; Schnittka’s daughter gets married to Schedrin.

Yes, it’d be quite entertaining. Her going around town and seeing everyone staring at her in awe. For years, and years, everyone had known her as ‘Schnittka’s Daughter.’ Now, she’d have a name. She’d be known as the girl who did what her heart told her to, not what her father told her to.

This was going to be her day. No interruptions, no ‘Where are you going?’s, and most importantly, no rude remarks from her father. In less than five minutes, it would be official, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Lord Schnittka was the first one to doubt Julia and Daniel’s relationship. But, one day, Daniel had gotten him alone, and talked to him. But, to this day, Julia has no idea what went on in that conversation, or how Daniel had persuade him into agreeing to the engagement and wedding. But, right there, as she waited for him to arrive and lead her along the isle, she couldn’t care less.

She took one last look at herself in the mirror, and then turned towards the curtain that blocked the people in the church seats from looking at her before she went in.

Suddenly, she heard a voice behind her. “You look beautiful.”

She turned around and looked at her father that was standing in front of her wearing a black suit with a matching black tie. Julia grinned up at him, and intertwined their arms.

“Ready?” he asked her.

“As ready as I’ll ever be” she muttered looking straight ahead. The butterflies rose in her stomach and she was getting for nervous by the minute.

She watched as the curtain opened slowly. Taking a breath, her and her father stepped out, and walked down the aisle. People in the audience let out gasps and whispers as they stared at her dress. She looked at her mother who was crying in the first row at the front, and she looked at Daniel’s parents who had proud smiles on their faces. She then looked at Neilson Hirsch, Diego Kaiser, and Kathryn Weiss who sat in the second row all together shaking their heads grinning.

Then, she looked straight ahead to Daniel. He stared at her, his jaw dropped slightly. When he noticed she was looking at him, he smiled back and nodded.

She finally got to the front, and her father stood to the side.

She stood in front of Daniel, and the priest began his speech.

“Dearly beloved,” he started. “We are gathered here in the presence of nature, and before these friends and family, to join together this man and this woman in Matrimony, which is an honourable and beautiful estate, and therefore is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but instead with love, respect, friendship, and honour. Into this estate these two persons present come now to be joined.” (A/N: dugo ilong ko dun ah!)

The speech went on for several minutes. Then the vows came up. When Daniel and Julia were finished, the priest spoke up again., this time, to Julia.

"Do you, Julia Isabella Hutea Schnittka, take Daniel John Ford Schedrin to be your lofty wedded husband, to live together in holy matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honour and keep him in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, and forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?” As the preacher went on Julia and Daniel smiled at each other.

When the he was finished, Julia responded. “I do.”

The priest smiled at her, then turned to Daniel. "Do you, Daniel John Ford Schedrin, take Julia Isabella Hautea Schnittka to be your lofty wedded wife, to live together in holy matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honour and keep him in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

“I do” Daniel said almost instantly, his voice proud and strong.

“You may now kiss the bride.”

Daniel removed the veil from Julia’s face and watched her peer up at him. Then, he leaned down, and pressed his lips gently to hers. Their lips moved in sync slowly, and chastely.

When they pulled away, the church room erupted in applause. They ran down the aisle and Julia threw her bouquet behind her.

They made their way to the old fashioned limo that they had rented, and climbed it. They looked out the window happily.

“I love you, Julia Isabella Schedrin” Daniel whispered in Julia’s ear.

“And I love you, Daniel John Ford Schedrin.”

And, with that, the chauffeur drove them to their honeymoon destination, where they would begin living their lives together . . .

They proved that love can find a way, no matter how difficult it seems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweet nibblets, man! What do you think of this whole thing? Waaa! This Short Story is finally over and the book is about to close. But before that. Pwede po ba magspeech ng kaunti? Yeah, good. Here I go

Salamat po sa lahat ng sumubaybay sa journey ni Julia at Daniel. Salanat sa mga votes, comments at iba pa. Kung alam niyo lang, ang simpleng gestures na iyon ay nakatataba po talaga ng aking puso at nakakainspire. So I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart and with all my hypothalamus :) This will not be the last of me dahil marami pang namumuong ideas sa utak ko and I can't wait to share them with you. I love you all and God speed! <3