Chapter XI: Jiggs

Myles POV...

When I got off of the ferry and reached the island I could instantly feel the eerie feeling pounding in my chest..
I drove straight to his wife's crib...
I braced myself then knocked on the door..
His mom Ms. Mable came to the door..
She looked up at me with red puffy eyes..
"Myles is that you?"

"Yes mam.."
I said bowing my head with an heavy heart..
I couldn't help but feel like him dying was all my fault.. I should have never even made him tell me anything..

"Didn't you move.. You shouldn't have come back here.. it's been dangerous lately.. Go back and be with Margo, I don't want anything happening to you too!"

"Margo is fine Ms. Mable.. Don't worry I'm here for protection.. is Shelia in by any chance.. I know it's a bad time I just want to show my face right quick..."

She nodded and let me in..
She lead me down in the basement where Shelia's face in front of the stereo playing Rakim and balled up crying..
Ms. Mable turned up the lights..
"Shelia baby you have company.."

She nodded..
"I knew you were coming, come sit down here by me Myles.."
Shelia said turning down the music...

Ms. Mable headed back upstairs..
"Let me know if y'all need me.."

I came and sat in front of her...
She smiled looking up at me and touching my face..
"You made it here in one piece.."
She said looking in my eyes..

"Yeah.. and I just want to let you know I'm on it.. I'll find whoeva' did this and everybody dying!"

She shook her head no..
"Myles just go take care of Margo and let it go.. Leave these streets alone and invest your money in something good.. nothing good will come of getting so called revenge.. I love my husband more than anything but I warned him not to do business with these people a long time ago.. Now look at me I'm here with his old records and kids who gotta grow up in this world a bastard.."
She shook her head and got up walking over to the bar in their basement..
"You want a drink?"

I clenched my jaw..
I couldn't let this go.. Jiggs looked out for me, looked out for Margo.. Fuck peace! There will be no peace around this bitch until I find EVERYONE WHO HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS!
"No I'm cool.."

She nodded and poured her and drink taking a sip..
"I'll be okay you know! I know in my heart we will be together one day.. but try explaining that to fours kids.. Sam was all they ever knew.. Me and Sam been together since middle school.."

I shook my head.. all I could think of was seeing my moms dead body laying in cold blood..
"Hey you said there was  people he did business with.. was it a women by any chance?"

"If you're referring to Blackk then yes he did do business with her but No that's not who I'm referring to.. he got caught up with some guys down south trying to sell heroine.. The more the months grew the more he became greedier and careless.."

"You ever seen them?"

"Only once.. but I'm not telling you anything else.. Go home Myles it's over! Let it go.. these streets don't care about you. You will end up DEAD! And that's a fact.."

I got up and left her a envelop full of money..
"Take care of yourself Shelia.."

"I saw what you just did.. Trust me money isn't an issue take it and go.."

"I'll see you at the funeral Shelia.."
I walked away leaving the money..
When I got upstairs Ms. Mable was at the table smoking a cigarette with her head down..
"Come lock up!"
I left and hopped in my ride to the barbershop..
I figured there was something there that I could find.. something that would give me a clue or something.. when I walked up it was closed down completely..
I turned around heading to my car when I noticed something on the ground.. something told me I would need it one day.. I put it in my pocket left back for Harlem.. I had to go make sure Margo and Keshia were good..

Too Be Continued..

Im so sorry this chapter was short.. the next chapter will be 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥