Chapter Five

Castiel liked Dean's house. It was warmer than the bitter cold, at least, and Dean was there, too. He liked seeing the decorations Dean had, however few there were. The man really only had three or four adornments.

A picture of him and Jo hung proudly on the white walls. He had his arms wrapped around Jo, who was just about to lick his cheek and he looked like he was nearly laughing. Castiel felt Dean's highly contagious smile.

"Sam took that on a beach up here in April. The water was freezing." Dean smiled fondly, hardly missing the look his picturesque self claimed.

Castiel chuckled. "Jo doesn't seem to mind."

"Of course she doesn't! She has nice warm fur." Dean scowled playfully at his dog, then laughed, waking into the kitchen. "I'm hungry."

"We just ate!"

Dean grinned. "There's always room for pie!" He pulled a pecan pie out of the refrigerator, popping off the lid. "Want some?"

Castiel nodded gingerly. "Just a little." He said, pinching his fingers for effect.

"Okie dokie." Dean split two pieces in the pie, both equal size, plopped them into separate bowls, and handed one to his friend.

Castiel looked down displeasingly. "I didn't want this much." He said pointedly.

Dean smiled. "There's always room for pie." He repeated.

Castiel rolled his eyes and sighed. "Well, I can't just let this go to waste."

Dean clapped him on the back. "That's the spirit! Now, football or a movie?" He asked, hoping Castiel would pick the latter.

"Definitely a movie." Castiel answered with a mouthful.

"Chick flick or action?"

"Would you mind a chick flick, Mr. Macho?"

Dean smirked. "Not at all."

Castiel grinned, settling down into a chair with brown leather in Dean's living room. Dean reclined in the one beside his. "Let's see... Titanic?"

Castiel shook his head. "Too much freezing to death. Is The Longest Ride out yet?"

"Dude, I wish!" Dean replied excitedly. "What about Sixteen Candles?"

Castiel's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree in a dark room. "That's one of my favorites!" He squealed.

Dean laughed. "Do you just like her crush?"

"He's unquestionably sexy." Castiel answered shamelessly. A second later, he sprang out of his chair, glad it wasn't reclined like Dean's.

Dean raised a brow, registering the look of pure terror on his face as he stared at the chair. "What?"

"I saw a spider!" He nearly screamed.

Dean fell back laughing, his chair kicking back a few more notches with the impact. Jo sat up with concern.

"This isn't funny, Dean! I have severely severe arachnophobia!"

Dean rolled his eyes, still grinning. "'Severely severe?'" He questioned. Wiping his eyes, he continued. "Sit on the couch then. It's safe."

"Will you sit with me, Dean? I really don't want to find another spider." Castiel looked absolutely pleading. Dean couldn't deny the blue eyes. He moved to sit on the couch, taking the seat closest to the arm. Castiel sat beside him.

"Ready?" Dean asked. With a nod from his friend, he pushed the play button on the remote.

Castiel had felt the heaviness in his eyelids. He tried to fend it off until the film finished, but had given in about half an hour after the movie started, falling asleep on Dean