Part 24

Natalia couldn't believe her eyes, her Steven, was back, and was competing. He would win her. He would win the rights over her. He would take her away.

As she walked back to the stage, with Anthony, she could only think of Steven and their life ahead. But she controlled her smile, because smiling would be suspicious.

As they sat down, she gave Anthony a thankful look. He sat by her side, and put a hand on hers, blinking in assurance.

"The first to compete are Prince Loki and King T'Challa" a man announced, "and the first match is today, first between Prince Loki and King T'Challa, then Prince Erik and the heir of Ironica. The winners would then compete against each other tomorrow ".

Natalia was not at all interested in the first fight. She just wished T'Challa won from Loki so that Steven doesn't fight with him. Although she knew he would win, she didn't want Loki even touching her Steven.

The fight commenced. Erik and Steven left the grounds, as Loki and T'Challa took their places.

Natalia made a weird face. She wanted to leave, she didn't want to watch Loki fight.

"Father, I am feeling sick. I'll rest a little" she said.

King Nicholas looked at her in anger, but King Anthony intervened.

"Let her go, fellow king, she needs to stay healthy " he said.

King Nicholas agreed, and Natalia was escorted out.

Natalia was returning to her chambers, when someone grabbed her arm and pulled her in. He pinned her to the wall, silencing her with his hand on her mouth, and lifted his helmet.

Her eyes widened, and then relaxed. Steven stood before her, smiling widely. He moved his hand from her mouth.

"Steven!!! " she said, and jumped on him. He had a armor on, so hugging was difficult, but they hugged nevertheless, with her arms around his neck.

"I knew you would come, I knew you won't leave me" she said, "I love you Steven. I love you so much".

"I love you more then my existence Natalia " he said.

She moved back, and he crushed her lips with his. She was lost in desire and love. He grabbed her neck, his fingers trapped in her hair, as he went on sucking on her lips, their tongues met and brushed against each other. He made her feel his love, he made her feel special. He made her feel like a queen. Queen of his heart and soul.

"I love you Natalia" he said against her lips.

"I love you too" she said.

They parted when they were breathless, and they sat down on the floor, with her in his lap, her head rested on his chest.

"I am sorry Natalia, you had to wait for so long" he said, rubbing his hand on her back.

"It's alright Steven, you came back, that's all that matters" she said, then looked at him "anyways, tell me, how did you escape? And how did you become the heir of Ironica? "

Steven smiled, "A few years back, I came across King Anthony. He was sick, and his leg trapped in a hole. I helped him, and carried him all the way to his camp. They were at war, and king Anthony was weak to fight and an army, no matter how strong,  cannot fight without a functioning leader. So, I stepped in his place and led the fight".

"But, why did you? " she asked.

"I don't know, he was ill and he was sad, he didn't want to loose his kingdom, so I had to help. And Ironica isn't an enemy kingdom. So, it was the right thing to do. " he explained.

"Okay? Then? He was coming to marry me? How the sudden change? " she asked.

"He wasn't coming to marry you Natalia. King Anthony admires you. He knows about your skills, and when he learned how your father is finding suitors it hurt him. He wanted you to be his heir instead. He decided to come and win your hand and take you away without marrying you and declaring you queen. King Anthony lost the love of his life, he doesn't want to marry anymore, but he does need a heir. " Steve told her, "when I escaped I came across his camp, I was certain he would help me when he arrives, and so I went to him and explained everything. He said it was a better option, he could declare me heir and I can compete for your hand. When we are married, he would give us his kingdom and let us both rule. "

Natalia smiled, amazed at how a stranger valued her more then her father did. By right, Romania was hers. She was the first child, she should inherit the throne. But she knew, her father wanted to use her as bait, and win alliances while his Prince could rule. Then something occurred to her and she blushed more.

"How come King Anthony knew this much about me? " she raised an eyebrow.

Steven smiled, "He read my poems about you" he said.

"Oh Steven" she kissed his cheek, "you sing songs about me, when I have achieved nothing "

"You have Natalia, you have achieved the appreciation of the world. " he said.

"And your love" she said.

They both smiled, and she gave him a peck in the lips.

"Now, go back. Before someone comes in search of you" he said.

She nodded, and stood up, kissing him on the cheek again, "all my lady luck is with you".

"I am glad my dear princess" he said.

"Rise my knight, and win my hand, after you have won my heart" she said.

They both smiled, and then Natalia walked back to the stage. Anthony watched her return, and offered her his hand. She happily took it, and climbed into the seat beside him.

"Thank you" she mouthed.

He nodded with a smirk, "anything for you and my heir" he whispered.

She wiped a happy tear off her cheek.

*****
Give your reviews.