「7/10」 quiet

[07] • quiet

semi hated it when shirabu was quiet; when he was sat on his own looking glum and dejected and like something was clearly bothering him, but he didn't speak. he didn't say anything. he just sat there, quietly, withdrawing further and further back into his mind, until semi was worried he'd go so far back he'd get lost and semi would end up losing him forever.

today was one of those days. he was sat in the bedroom, curled up on the bed, his knees tucked right up to his chest, as he stared at the wall. quiet.

semi walked in, his brows coming together, and sighed. "shirabu?" he called out softly, tentatively.

the copper-haired boy barely stirred.

he padded over to the bed, climbing onto it. shirabu picked up his head, finding semi's eyes, and then sighed. "sorry, sorry, i'm fine."

"no you're not. c'mere."

shirabu frowned, looking away. his eyes were glassy and cold. "i'm fine."

"get over here you baka," semi mumbled, and shirabu reluctantly crawled over to him, his entire face drooping.

"what?" he said, before letting out a yelp as semi pulled him onto his lap, arms encircling his waist. seeing no escape, shirabu unknotted the tension in his muscles, his head sinking against his boyfriend's broad chest.

"talk to me," semi said against shirabu's forehead, his breath leaving hot, fragranced whispers against his skin. "i hate it when you're quiet."

"i just... it's fine. please. just know that you, here, now, is enough. more than enough. just... please stay."

semi held the boy closer, tighter. "i'm not going anywhere."

//
we're almost half-way through the book!