Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Hey Strike." 

I keep walking.

"Babe what's wrong?"

Jay grips my wrist, turning me around mid walk.

"Striker why are you ignoring me?"

I scoff and roll my eyes, turning to walk away again. 

He wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me back and against his chest. I think about struggling against him but decide against it, letting him hold me to his chest but still keep my back straight and posture stiff.

His lips tickle my ear as he whispers into it.

"Come on, love, what's wrong?" Oh God here he comes with the 'love' card. That damn British accent can melt even Satan himself. This is what I get for falling for a transfer.

I gather enough will power to ignore the sweet accent in my ear and respond in a flat tone.

"Nothing. I'm riding home with Richie." I remove his hands from my waist and continue walking towards my locker to get my books.

After hearing about the stupid party all day and I mean all fucking day I have had enough. It just makes me more irritable to the fact that Jay clearly has no intention of asking me to come with him to it. It's so hard to believe that he is so embarrassed of me that he won't go to a party with me. I mean, we are dating. We walk around school together, holding hands and sneaking kisses. I don't understand why a party is any different.

So after a full day of this party shit, I have established that I have a right to be angry with Jay.

When I open my locker and get my books, I slam it shut only to be startled by Jay standing behind the locker door looking at me with confused, puppy eyes.

"Don't you think that I at least have a right to know what I did?"

I look at him for a moment in disbelief. I can't believe that after about a week of people talking about the party all around us, he can't pick up on the reason why I'm angry.

"No, Jay. Why don't you think about it and then get back to me." I say, backing away from him. I give him a quick, snarky smile before turning my back to him and walking towards the door. I hear him following me but can't be bothered to pay him any attention. 

I push the door open and stride towards Richie's car. I know he won't be there yet. He's probably taking his sweet time at his locker but I don't know where else to go and I'm not willing to swallow my pride and stop to talk to my boyfriend.

Once I reach his car I open the door, knowing Rich never really locks his car- not smart, I know- but before I can fully open the door, a hand pushes it closed from behind me. I pull on the handle, trying to open the door again but his hand is strong and stays in place, easily keeping the door firmly shut. Trapped against the car by Jay's arm against the car and his body behind me, I have no escape.

I take a deep breath and sigh, turning to face him. 

He is right behind me so when I turn, our noses are practically touching and I can smell his faint cologne.

His gradient, blue-green eyes stare right into mine, mesmerizing me for a moment.

Damn him.

"The eyes are so an unfair tactic." I mumble, glaring back at him.

His lips twitch up in a smirk but quickly retreat back to their worried frown when the glare in my eyes persists.

"Well you have a tough exterior. The eyes are all I got." He shrugs, still not breaking eye contact.