The Unknown

Jennifer's POV

I felt my stomach burning and hurting so much. I didn't want to move. Leah is freaking out but I don't know what to do. I don't want to move.

"Jen we have to get you to the hospital, fuck I knew something was wrong."

"I can't move Leah...."

I couldnt stop crying. Leah got a hoodie and leggings on then grabbed some clothes for me.

"Jenny look at me, look at me."

Me head tilted up and looked at her as my eyes were swollen. Her hands on my cheeks.

"I love you."

She said it as if it was the last time I was going to see her. Then she picked me up and I just started crying again. Every movement hurt. She did what she could, she put clothes on me and she carried me down the stairs and to the car.

"I love you, just hang in there."

She got me into the passenger seat and got me situated. We drove to the hospital down the street. She parked in the emergency area right in front of the hospital.

"Come on we are almost there."

I used her as a crutch even though walking hurt. I just couldn't think about anything else but the pain. They got me checked in and I waited half an hour till getting a doctor. They tested my blood and they were telling me everything was fine.

"She can't walk, nothing is fine about that!"

"There seems to be nothing wrong."

"Excuse me?"

Another doctor appeared into the room.

"May I be of some assistance?"

"My girlfriend is having serious pains and can't walk. Dingo says everything is fine but nothing is fine about that."

"Well, let's check you out dear. Now point to where it hurts."

I lifted my shirt and pointed to my lower stomach. He started to press and feel and it brough a sharp pain to my stomach.

"Hmm, I'm well, I am going to request a cat scan. In the mean time, a nurse will bring in a liquid, drink a cup every 15 minutes."

"Ok..."

"Wait.."

"Leah..."

She turned to look at me and came and sat next to me. The doctor left and a nurse came in giving me a liquid. Leah helped me drink it. An hour went by and they finally came back in. Leah and I just sat in silence.

"Ok, your scan is ready, we will take you to the cat scan room. You may come with if you would like."

I nodded to Leah and she came. We went down a couple halls and got to a room with a huge circular tube.

"Now we will need you to stand and lay on that bench, can you do that?"

I simply nodded and even tho pain rushed through me, they helped me up and laid me back. I followed instructions on when to breath, when to hold my breath. I run under it 7 times before they told me that was good. They took me back to my room and Leah and I sat and waited. She stroked my hand but wasn't looking at me, she was looking at her feet.

"Leah..."

"Hey, what's up? What do you need?"

"You to be ok..."

"You are the one in the hospital bed, I'm not going to be ok till I know exactly what is wrong with you."

"Things will tell in time."

"Well ladies, we want to do one more test, we want to do an ultra sound."

"Ok, how long will that take?"

"Not long, we can take you now. So come along."

They rolled me to another room and I got to stay in my bed this time. They put me next to a screen and the man got right to it. The jelly was so cold against my stomach. The pressure was uncomfortable. By now the pain was gone but it still didn't feel good. It was short, only 10 mins. We were sent back to my room.

"I am so sleepy..."

"I know but you can't sleep yet, we need to finish these tests first."

"I love you Leah..."

"Don't say it like that... it's not the last time we are gonna see each other."

"You made it sound that way before you picked me up."

"Because I knew you were gonna be mad because I put you through pain."

"I'm not mad... I'm so happy you are here."

She kissed my hand and the doctor walked in.

"Could I talk to you in private? There are a couple paper work things we mist discuss."

"Of course..."

While Leah was gone, I was all alone in the room. To my own thoughts. What the fuck is going on... I don't know how long the time had spanned over. The doctor came in and started talking to me personally.

"So we don't know what exactly it is. We will just call it a thing. So we are getting you a room to stay at for now so we can preformed farther tests."

"Ok..."

He left and again, I spaced. Leah finally came back in and her eyes were blood shot.

"Leah please don't cry please, I'm going to be ok. Everything is going to be ok."

I love you Jennifer... I know I'm just... a mess... I don't want to see you like this."

"It'll be ok, go home and make sure chief and pie are taken care of.."

"I'm not leaving at all. I called my mom. She is coming down. I got a sitter for the pups so don't worry about anything. I'm not leaving as long as you are here..."

"Baby..."

"Jennifer.... I'm not going anywhere without you. I almost lost you, I'm not gonna let that happen again."