Chapter 1- 13 years later

So 13 years should be the biggest time jump for this story, but I will go into detail as to why it's such a long time, and not little excepts of what happened. Just please don't get upset with me about the strange times that I post! The picture is of Sylvana and Kabuto.

Kabuto was making his rounds to see where the child had gotten off to. She was quite troublesome, but for some reason Orochimaru decided that he wanted to raise the young girl. He'd dragged her around with him for the first 12 years of her life before he left her on her own, so she knew her way around. She'd been taught to only be dependant on him, and not to speak to anyone. Kabuto could hear Orochimaru's voice ringing in his head, 'children should be seen, not heard.'

A year ago he'd left her because he had founded the Village Hidden in Sound. If he was to drag around the girl he would not have been as menacing, so he left her with the Fourth Kazekage, to be held there as incentive not to betray each other. However, having no time for any child, even his own, the Kazekage kept her with his youngest and most dangerous son: Gaara.

Kabuto rounded a corner and got hit on the face with a bag of dirt. She was seriously a problem. Having only been around the girl for a week, Kabuto didn't know much about her other than that she liked to cause trouble.

The only thing she seemed to learn over time was how to make people annoyed from the very second that they meet you to the last second that they know you.

Her laugh bubbled out of her as she dropped from the ceiling, latching onto Kabuto's back. He immediately grabbed onto her to keep her from falling.

"When are you going to tell me when you leave?" Kabuto sighed. The girl giggled is response, as if to say, never.

"Sylvana, Kabuto." The voice of Orochimaru rang throughout the hallways.

"Coming." Kabuto answered, since he knew that Sylvana couldn't. The girl was mute, or so it seemed. Orochimaru had told him that she never learned to speak and she was past the point of trying to teach her. As she clung to his back, Kabuto made his way back to the main room.

As they entered Orochimaru's chamber, Sylvana clung tighter to Kabuto. He could tell that she obviously didn't like it in there, though he didn't know why. It was just a lab, since Orochimaru didn't sleep.

Orochimaru was sitting at his desk, with thousands of multi color solutions and solvents in differently sized test tubes and Erlenmeyer flasks.

"Put her in the restraining chair." Orochimaru told Kabuto.

Kabuto's eyebrows fettered together. "Why?" The girl's group on him was getting increasingly tighter. Her breath was getting hotter, and becoming faster.

"Just do it Kabuto."

"No." A little female voice was barely audible, coming from over his shoulder. Kabuto turned his head, just enough to sees Sylvana's eyes tearing up, and her mouth forming the word 'no' over and over again. "No." She shook her head, and hid her face into his shoulder. Kabuto's eyes opened with enlightenment.

"I don't want you to experiment on her anymore." That made Orochimaru's head spring up, and turn around to look at them.

"So you figured it out?"

"Why else would she be scared of your lab?"

Orochimaru's eyes narrowed. "Fine then. I won't experiment on her anymore." Upon hearing that, Kabuto turned and left the lab, Sylvana crying into his back.

~*~

Kabuto walked up the steep steps to the entrance of the underground house. Sylvana was still on his back, crying softly. Now that he understood why she was so afraid, he wanted to know what she can do because of it. In order to do that though, he'd have to get her to trust him more than she does Orochimaru.

He made it to the top, and walked over to a tall weeping willow that had recently been trimmed by the Sound ninja. He pulled the girl off his back and held her in front of him. She was extremely petite, about the size of a 9 year old. She had almost no fat on her body, and was slightly muscular, from training with all sorts of different ninja.

She looked up at him, her green eyes still full of tears. Now that he was close to her eyes, he could see that she was terrified of Orochimaru. He also noticed the cut on her cheek, probably from being up in the rafters.

"I know how to patch that up, so well you let me?" He asked, referring to the cut. She nodded. Kabuto set her down in the grass, then sat in front of her. "Do you want me to use my jutsu, or bandage it up?"

Her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to answer, but she didn't know how, and he could tell.

"Okay, I get it, you understand, but don't know how to talk. It's not that you don't want to." She nodded at his statement. "So now, when I give you options, if you want me to do the first thing, hold up one finger. If you want me to do the second thing hold up two fingers." Sylvana nodded again, and held up 2 fingers in response.

"Okay, give me a second to do that." He pulled out a first aid kit, and started to clean up her face. He put the bandage on her face, constricting the growing smile.