Chapter 1: The Princess of Marapolina

I was...afraid.  Something made fear creep into me.  I didn't know who or what I was, nor did I know my purpose.  I didn't even remember my own name.  Then I woke up.  Her face was so close to mine.  Her blonde hair flowing down her back.  Her eyes of floral pink tulips lingered in her eyes with relief.  She hugged me close and ran.

I felt the anxious behavior from who would become my adoptive sister.  She ran out of the forest, only tripping once.  She still ran, even though she had hurt herself.  I felt her grasp against my skin.  Then she yelled, with her voice pure gold,"PINKISHIA!"  She pulled me from her shoulders and put me in the bag.  The last I saw of her, was when she closed the flap.

I waited slowly.  The sprinting of the animal slowed to a calm walk.  Soon, it stopped moving all together.  I heard the voice of the other girl clearly to.  She gasped,"Analiese?!"  I felt sunlight pour on my skin gently as she lifted me out.  The other girl was also a blonde hair and bluish, yellow eyes.

I let my eyes rest, and woke up in another room.  I felt as though I had changed tremendously.  I then shifted my eyes toward the right direction.  The girl who had saved me had a pink dress on.  She was also with a women in a blue dress.  "The child," she said, "is awake."  The girl looked at me and said,"You alright?"

I nodded my head gently.  The woman looked skeptical of something but finally relaxed.  "Child, this is my daughter and your sister, Analiese Diana Princessin.  She helped you out of the woods.  If I'm correct, your name is Mera."  I didn't understand what she meant, but I took her word for it.

The woman left without another noise.  Analiese, as her name was and is, sat next to me.  She laid me down on her lap and lifted me.  She took me to another room, draped with a light purple.  She looked at me and said,"Do you have nightmares?  Come to my room and you can sleep on the top bunk if you do."

She tucked me into the covers, and read me a story.  She even began playing a lullaby on a mechanical object I had never seen before.  She kissed my forehead and left the room.  I felt a warmth from her that chased the fear away.  I guess this is what happiness feels like.