Chapter 2: What do you mean?

17 years later...

I was walking upstairs with my soft blanket.  I just had a nightmare I had been blind-sided with.  I have been so afraid of who might have tried to kill her, the mermaid in my dreams.  I had watched that mechanical device ruin my sight.  It had only 3 years ago.  They said, back then, that it had happened 18 years earlier.  Analiese had showed me the mark that it scorched into her skin.

The heart was bleeding slowly and I saw horrible things that had ruined her being.  However, 11 years ago something took Marapolina elsewhere.  We didn't know if we had gone through time or simply to another dimension.  It was all so strange...  Then again, my family never took me swimming in my life.  I think it is just a bit strange.

I opened my sister's door gently and then she was in front of me.  'You were using your powers to reach the door as I opened it,"I thought.  She only sighed and let me in.  She closed the door and lead me to the bunkers.  Vicki began sharing a room with her a while ago.  Now she shared the one bunk bed in the room with me.

Analiese shook Vicki awake.  Vicki already knew, mainly because she was a psychic since birth. She took off the sheets and went to the top bunk.  She knows how much I love sleeping on the bottom.  Analiese still tucks me in, since she knew me the best.  Mother was strange to me.  Mainly because of the one same topic.  Aunt Perfect.

I was wondering why they hated her.  Well, let's just say that something that she did pissed me off and now I understand the feeling.  Either way, Analiese was always the boss of her sisters.  She let me off easy for some reason.  Rose always got it harder than the rest of us.  She was the other eldest.  She still obeys what she's told though.  (Unless it's Miss Perfect speaking.*Rolls eyes*)

Anyway, Analiese stretched my blanket over the pale dark ones and kissed me good night.  I don't know why, but every single night that has no moon showing, nightmares slowly creep up on me.  It had become a routine to come to her room on those nights.  She finally said,"We have something to tell you in the morning.  Then we will allow you to swim in the backyard pool."

My eyes widened.  Swimming?!  Then she turned and got in bed.  Did I really need to know something before I went swimming?  But what did she mean when she said all that?  What did I need to hear?  It didn't matter to me.  Just so long as I could go swimming.