0.3

Chance’s P.O.V.

We got home a little before 8. We walked into my house to find Kevin in the living room watching TV. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey kiddo. How was the concert?" He asked.

"It was good! It was Emblem3 actually." Kevin knew that Wes and Keaton lived next door.

"Really? Are they any good?" He asked.

"Yeah! They’re very talented!" Delilah said with a smile.

Kevin nodded. “Are you two doing anything else tonight? I mean it is your first night of summer.”

"Oh yeah. Wesley invited us to a bonfire at their house." I said.

He cocked his head a little. “You’re friends with Wesley?” He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. “He came over and listened to me play guitar on the back porch. I don’t know, I guess we’re friends.”

He nodded. “I’m okay with you two going over. Make sure you’re mom’s okay with it.” He said. I nodded and dragged Delilah upstairs to my moms room. She was in there folding laundry.

"Hey girls! How was the concert?" She asked.

"It was fun! Emblem3 were the performers." Delilah said as we sat down on my moms bed.

"The boys from next door?" I nodded. "That’s cool! Were they good?"

"Really good!" I said.

She smiled. “That’s good.” She went back to folding her clothes.

"Can we go over to their bonfire?" I asked. She stopped and looked up at us.

"Aren’t they older than you two?" She asked.

"Only Wesley and Drew are. Keaton’s our age." Delilah said.

My mom looked at us skeptically. “Okay. I trust you two. If they do anything stupid just come back over, okay?” She said.

"Mom, we’ll be fine. We know what and what not to do." She nodded and let out a sigh.

"I know." We got up from the bed and started walking out the door of her bedroom. "Have fun! Be safe!" I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"We will, mom!" I shouted back. We went into my room and grabbed two hoodies just in case it got colder out. We went out my back door and sat on the side of the porch. We didn’t want to just walk over and intrude.

We sat there and talked about how happy we were for school to be over. We also discussed how excited we were to go to New York City for a few days this summer. We were going to a Neon Trees concert in Central Park. It's Delilah's graduation gift and I get to tag along with her.

"Hey!" I heard someone yell from next door. I turned to see Wesley standing on the edge of their property. "Are you coming over?" He asked.

"Yeah!" I shouted back. He smiled. We both stood up and walked over towards him. He greeted me with a hug. When he let go of me and he looked at Delilah.

"I’m guessing you’re Delilah?" He asked. Delilah nodded and Wes wrapped his arms around her. He let go of her and smiled.

"You and the other boys did really good today." She said. Wesley smiled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Thanks! It’s really nice to get feedback like that." I smiled at how adorable that was. We started walking towards a fire pit that had stacks of wood. There were some chairs set around the pit. Drew was stacking the fire wood and spraying gasoline on it. He turned around to us and smiled.

"You must be Chance and Delilah, right?" He asked. We both nodded. He smiled and stuck his hand out. "I’m Drew!" He said.

I shook his hand and smiled. “Nice to meet you!” He let go of my hand and grabbed Delilah’s. He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it.

"It’s nice to meet you, Delilah." He said with a smirk. I saw Delilah’s cheeks flush red.

"Drew! Did you start the fire yet? I have stuff for s’mores!" I heard someone say. I looked behind me to see Keaton with marshmallows, a box of graham crackers, and some chocolate. He had them in his arms and you could see him struggling a bit. I laughed to myself as he dropped all of the stuff on the ground in front of us. He looked up at Delilah and I and smiled.

"Hi! I’m Keaton!" He said with a big smile. He hugged both of us at the same time. He let go of us and smiled again.

"I’m Delilah and this is Chance!" Delilah said with a smile.

"It’s nice to meet you!" He said. I liked how happy and giddy he was. He had an adorable smile.

"So now that we’ve all introduced each other, let’s start this fire!" Wesley said. We all started walking towards the chairs, when Wesley grabbed my hand and brought me over to the one bench set up near the fire. I looked up at him to see him smiling down at me. I could get used to hanging out with these boys.