3. Homestead

⚜️

Nora P.O.V

⚜️

After Gia and I exchanged 'words' which consisted of screaming back and forth with daggers glared in-between us. I stormed my way straight to my room, slamming the door so hard that the old worn out frame rattled threatening to fall apart.

I closed my eyes to take a moment to calm down before I opened them to Celeste and Eva standing in front of me. Waiting for my story and explanation.

I watched them as they both looked at me with wide innocent eyes, like me, they are both outcasts of their covens. They were sent away at young ages.

Eva came to us when she was only 6 forced out and exiled here, as one day shortly after I was born, Celeste was left at our doorstep as a tiny infant with a small note tied around her hand. Upon it was cursive handwriting saying 'Take care of it.' The note always struck me with force as they had referred to her as an it, a beauty which was, to them, merely an object. Some people I will never understand...

The three of us grew up together, keeping to ourselves with Gia, the premium bitch herself, always lurking in the background watching our every move.

I always liked to note the differences between the three of us, Celeste and I looked as though we could be sisters. However, she had more colour and life to her skin, she wasn't ghostly white but, still pale, her hair very dark and straight and a piece was rarely found out of place. In terms of us being sisters, it was her dark brown almost chocolate eyes that really sold us as siblings. Our eyes were dark and almost dead in a way. She had pink plump lips and a slight blush always adorned her cheeks.

Eva, however, was the opposite of the both of us. She had colour to her skin, tanned like olives with striking stormy blue-grey eyes. She had light caramel blonde hair, her lips looked like a brown terracotta mix. She was a contrast to the both of us, she looked warm and welcoming although many were still afraid of her for a reason I do not know.

Our coven only accepted the both of them because it was what my mother would have done. She never turned anyone away; she was both loving and trusting of everyone she came into contact with, even if it was a random passer-by in the forest.

No one wanted to ruin the memory of her, almost a goddess in our realm, so we follow the legacy she left.

I tried to be like her, but I was only met with fear and distrust.

"What happened out there tonight?" Eva asked me, slightly tilting her head to the side which dragged me back to my unfortunate reality.

"Nothing." I sighed as I walked over to my bed and threw myself on it banging my head on my pillow.

"What do you mean nothing?" Celeste peeked up speaking from her bed across from mine. It was only the three of us in this room generally each room would house six witches sometimes more. But no one wanted to be with us. Not that we will complain, it gives us the room and freedom to practice as we see fit. Gossip was also an easier topic with such freedom in here.

"Exactly what I said, nothing." I snapped back and turned my head to face them. Celeste looked at me and shook her head before continuing on talking

"Something had to have happened if you went out there, if nothing happened you wouldn't have even left this room," Celeste replied sarcastically annoying voice

Celeste was always the sarcastic one out of the three of us, Eva was blunt and short with people and I was just snappy and occasionally quick to fire.