Chapter 7

"Hello?..is anyone here?" I heard someone say. The voice was familiar..too familiar. I quickly shut my door and sprinted downstairs.  I entered the dining room to see my dad's girlfriend enter the room. "H-hey..where's my dad?" i asked.

"He..decided to stay longer."

  stay where longer?

"Where?"

"I can't exactly explain..but he will be back soon."  

I know what that means.

"you're so oblivious it's not even funny! You do know what that means..right?! It means he's going to stay for reasons you will never understand! ..." I screamed at her. The look on her face was what made me even angrier. 

She scoffed and walked closer to my face. She was not even two inches away from me when she said "you think you know your dad better than me? Well guess what bitch..you don't. I know why he's staying where he is longer. .you don't get to decide what you think you know about your dad. You don't know everything about him."

Before I continue, let me tell you something about my father.  What do you think he does to ease his stress? He doesn't do what most  people would do. He doesn't drink his sorrows away, he doesn't do drugs. He does the complete opposite. He runs away and hides. Now, who is to say he doesn't  ever do drugs or drink when he's away? I wouldn't know. But what I do know is... he is a man of his word. He's never lied to me...never broken my trust...i thought he was the perfect dad..until that night. 

I scoffed. "You know..you don't know everything about your son either." I winked and walked past her and out onto the front porch, slamming the front door behind me.

*********************************************************************************

The day seemed to pass by like a blur. I sat on the front porch all day, from the time I screamed at Brandon's mother to sun down. I looked at my phone to see it was 8:00pm. 

Shit. I have to go to bed. Actually, forget that. 

I walked to the drug store that was ten minutes away from my house. I walked in to see Cameron behind the counter. He saw me and smiled. "Hey, beautiful what can I get for ya?" I smiled at him. "where is your brother?!" I demanded. His eyes widened. "Brother? How do you know he's my brother?" I smirked and said nothing. 

Cameron opened the door behind the counter and walked up to me. "Kaitlin..listen..before I tell you where he is you need to know that sometimes my brother can be a little-"

"How did you know my name?" I said quickly. 

Cameron ignored me and kept talking. "Sometimes Brandon can be a little..weird sometimes. He'll just disappear and not come back for days, sometimes weeks." 

that's what my dad does.

"okay, do you think you might know where he could be?"

 Cameron sighed heavily. "No..sadly. I mean, usually he disappears after something bad happens that he doesn't want to face, or..own up to." 

"Oh..then I need to tell you something Cameron." 

  Cameron rolled his eyes. "Oh god, what?"

I clenched my fists out of nervousness and said "I s-slept with your brother.."

Cameron's face suddenly turned bright red and out of no where, he started laughing hysterically. "You're kidding me, right? I mean..seriously..why in the hell would you do that?! Kay, how even old are you?! 

He ran his fingers through his hair and started pacing around the store. "Kaitlin..you realize what this means? My brother is seventeen years old! Do you know what tomorrow is?! His birthday."

fuccckkkkk.

"I'm sorry Cameron..it won't happen again." I said as I felt a tear stream down my face.

Cameron looked at me angrily, "you're damn right it wont. because you're going to find him..and then..you're going to tell him that what happened between you two meant absolutely nothing to you."

This moment here, is when I was over it. 

"But what if it did? What if your brother means more to me than you ever will?!" I screamed. 

Cameron walked over to the door and locked it quickly. I heard the lock..it was loud. 

Cameron scoffed. "So that's it? A guy sleeps with you once and suddenly you're in love with him?"

I know words aren't supposed to affect you, but that...that hit me hard. 

"You're an asshole." I said as I unlocked the door and slammed it shut.