Chapter 8

While we were sat on the step waiting for the cab, we were both fairly quiet. He got a 20 deck of cigarettes out of his pocket and handed me one and his lighter. Since I'd been spending a lot of time with him it had seemed that smoking was starting to become a habit, not that he forced it onto me, I wanted to smoke.

I smiled at him as I put the cigarette in my mouth, inhaled as I sparked it up and handed the lighter back to him.

'So, how are you feeling today then?' he asked. I have no idea why he asked, it was such an out of the blue question but i guess he was just trying to make conversation to break the silence.

'I am not all that bad, thanks,' I took a toke of the cigarette and exhaled it as I asked 'and yourself?' Most of the time we had been sitting on the step we had barely made eye contact. It's like we were talking to the air in front of us.

'Yeah, I'm not bad thanks.' he replied. Before we could continue talking the cab had turned up. Matty put his cigarette out on the cold floor, I just flicked mine, as he stood up in front of me and grabbed both of my hands to help me up, he stared at me straight in the eyes as he did, and led me to the car. He also opened the car door for me, he is such a genuine gentleman. I loved it.

I buckled myself up as he got into the back seat next to me through the other door and slammed it closed. The taxi man nodded his head, looking into the rear view mirror as he pulled away from the hotel.

From here onwards it was basically a completely silent journey, apart from the sound of a few coughs coming from the driver. While we were sat in the cab, me and matty were both facing forwards, and my hand was rested on the seat that was between us. I felt a scratching on the chair and it was matty, i flicked my eyes over to my hand and he was sliding his hand towards mine, I instantly got goosebumps, as he put his hand onto mine, slightly grasping as his fingers linked with mine. I felt myself blush a little, and I bit my lip out of habit, but I don't think he noticed.

Finally, about 10 or 15 minutes passed (I wasn't actually counting the minutes, I had no idea how long the journey was but in silence it felt like ages. 10-15 minutes is just a reality estimate), and we were finally at the shopping centre. Matty unlinked his hand from mine and I got out of the car first, baring in mind I had given him a bit of money towards the taxi journey, he insisted not to give it to him but I planted it in his pocket before he could swipe my hand away so he had no choice but to take it. I stood by the car tapping my foot and looking around as I waited, and he eventually got of the car, too. He walked round the back of the car to me and held my hand.

'let's go.' he said, smiling as he did. I felt a bit uncomfortable holding his hand as we walked around, it was the first time id held a guys hand who I am not dating before, it felt like a bit of a fake visual, passers by would probably think 'that's such a cute couple! look at those two they look so sweet together!' when in reality we had only personally met each other yesterday and no moves have been made other than a few kisses, close moments and cuddles. Let alone the fact he is in a band which is growing in popularity, I mean, what if someone was to recognise him and think I'm a groupie and flip their shit out in front of him because he was with me (someone who isn't famous or popular at all), but I guess I should just make the most of it, because who knows, we might be strangers by next week.