Chapter 15 : Royalty Part 1

"Let's talk business sir Bowers."
Maxine opens the chest with a majestic swing. Every single pirate on this Island would murder their entire crew for a treasure like this. Handcrafted jewels with exotic stones give a slight illusion of color in the sea of gold coins. There's diamonds, rubies, topaz, emeralds, and a very dark blue stone that looks like it contains the nights sky. Unimpressed by the chest's contents, Frank throws his boots on his desk and leans back in his chair. Giving Maxine a judgemental and somewhat angry stare.
"Well... I don't have forever."
Maxine says, staring back at him without blinking once. She's got nerve. No one talks to Frank like that and survives, but being a woman will help her get away with bad decisions like these. Despite his rough personality and lack of remorse towards other living creatures, Frank does have a weakness for women who dare to fiddle in this "man" world. He admires their braveness, that is what he told to me when I joined his crew a decade ago, but never shows it. A true master of hiding emotions.
"Listen here kid." He says as he closes the lid of the chest with his foot.
"I didn't invite you here, just so I could be disrespected in my own establishment. Take a seat, have a drink and we'll talk business when I feel like talking business. Understood?"
At this point I could see Maxine boiling with anger. She swallowed, what presumably would be a great many swear words strung together, and sat down in the second chair infront of Frank's desk. He pours us both a semi full glass of whiskey.
This is how Frank let's his clients know he's going to be serious. When that man pours you one of his finest whiskeys, you managed to intrigue him. Maxine doesn't know this but I do, which makes it even more fun to see her so frustrated. 

***
I was waiting for Frank to let me in his make-shift office. Back then it was all simpler, Nassau was pretty much out of reach from both the English and Spanish. They had agreed to leave us in peace, mainly because one of their own had joined our side and this man could ruin both of them because of his heritage. That person, now the most hated man by the civilized world, is Frank Bowers. He is the only descended of the so-called Virgin Queen, raised and fathered by the King of Spain. Two powerful countries with different plans in using that power, now had a direct connection and it had to be destroyed before it would destroy them.
No one in England, not even the Queens right hand sir Drake, knew of the pregnancy or the secret affair between Elizabeth and the current King of Spain, who I do not know the name of since Frank never told anyone. The people that do know swore an oath to never let that name fall on Nassau or anywhere else, for Frank's and everybody else's safety.
During Frank's teenage years he on day came across a letter, it was clearly not meant for him because it was in his father's private chambers. I heard that he was quite a gentle soul while growing up in Spain, he loved poetry apparently, although I have never seen him reading anything else besides his registery. The letter had the queens family seal, already split in half, the day he read it was also the day he fled. Without a trace, he left his father with a bloodless dagger and an empty box where his head was supposed to be. Despite Elizabeth's discretion, her court found out and wanted Frank dead. It didn't matter to them how or who would do it. The world could never know that the virgin-queen had desires just like anyone else, and even more importantly the fact thay she had an affair with the Spanish king, the ruler of a country they despised more than anything, could destroy their entire kingdom.

Author:

So, I may have said I definitely quit
Fanfiction, but I'm not sure. I will be continuing here and there because it relaxes me. There is 1 project I am working on now where I will upload weekly maybe even daily, it is my poetry book called,
"How to Survive a Narcissist"
Please check it out and leave me some comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear from you guys again!