1) The Girl

Five children were playing under the big mango tree at the centre of the village.Their voice of joy and happiness filled in the air as they played around.It was a sight of great amusement for the passerby villagers to watch their childish acts as they went about doing their works.

Three girls were in the group and they were thick friends.Anamika was aged 10,khushi was 7 and vaiga was 8. They played togather,walked togather and went to the same school.(The village had only one government school anyway.)
That day they were playing with twin boys Aryan and Avinash  who were just 3.The boys ran and it was Vaiga's turn to chase and catch them and bring them back under the mango tree.She ran after them calling their names,while others cheered for her.Vaiga was indeed a fast runner.Her movements were swift.In no time she caught hold of Aryan and brought him back under the mango tree.Avinash too tailed after her,since he knew she would soon catch him as well.

"im really impressed by your skill vaiga! I just don't understand why you're not joining the school sports." Anamika exclaimed."im not into it Ami." Vaiga replied as usual."if i were you ,i would've been the champion of school by now."Ami sighed.

"Aryan!!Avinash !! "
They heard a woman calling.They saw Malini,the twin's mother coming towards them.They could sense something was really wrong.

"i am tired of telling you to not to play with her "

she said pointing her finger towards Vaiga.Both the boys looked down as their mother spoke."come here!"She dragged the children away from the girls.She didn't forget to give an angry glance to vaiga before going.Vaiga on the other hand was really used to this treatment and it started hurting less everytime.

"mama said that you were cursed...."

kushi spoke and Anamika silenced her.
"I don't know".Vaiga said.

"Don't worry over it now! You've us nah."

Anamika said as the 2 girls gave a tight hug to Vaiga.They were the only ones who were close to her.
************************************************

"Vaiga! Where have you been?"

She heard the voice of her father as she quietly tried to sneak into her room.

"papa...i was...."

She started to speak when he said
"i was really worried of you child.Ive no problem of you going out.but atleast...tell me nah before you go out."

"Sorry papa."
she muttered.

"Go inside your room and study something "

he said.

She sighed as she walked into her room.Her room was her personal heaven.Apart from hanging around with Ami and Khushi;she loved spending most of her time there reading books.She sat on her bed and recalled the moments while they were playing."mama says that you were cursed!"voice of khushi echoed in her head."i don't know!" she heard herself lie.

yes.she knew there was a curse but she didn't knew if it was true.She was not allowed to mingle with boys or men.The villagers said  she had poison instead of blood in her veins.Even her father kept a distance from her.There was an Air of fear and anger lingering around people when they saw her,except her bestfriends and her Stepmother,who wasn't the least bit pleased of having a poison girl in her home.