Crucible

-Cayde's POV-

After (Y/N) left for the crucible I finished putting my clothes on and made my way to the hangar, guardians talking to me on the way. "How have you been, Cayde, I heard about what happened to you last night."

"How did you know about that?" I asked the guardian, a look of confusion on my face.

"Other guardians only do night work, they like to be stealthy when tackling missions. They saw that you were plugged into a battery. Why?" He asked.

"I was electrocuted, I had to be recharged" I said in quotes. I stretched the truth a little, sure it was true but I never gave a reason why. After chatting for a moment the guardian then ran off to find another quest.

I had no new work to do meaning I was sitting at my desk all day, I didn't have any idea what to do, lots of guardians were doing the raid and (Y/N) was in the crucible. Since all my work was done I decided to go the the medical bay to ask about (Y/N)'s arm.

"Hello?" I said as I knocked on the door.

"Hello there, Cayde, how can I help you" Dr Flores replied. She discarded her ghost and gave me her full attention.

"Umm, I have to ask you a question about (Y/N)s cybernetics. Last night, we were together and we got a shock from each other. It caused me to pass out, I had to be plugged into a battery. The engineers said it was because my circuits were overheating."

"We can't change the cybernetics she has. Although they are pretty crude, there is only one kind of set." She sat down on the couch in the room, then gestured towards the one opposite her, asking me to sit down.

"So you can't do anything? To stop us getting electrocuted?"

"If you start to overheat and you are close to (Y/N) you would need to ask her to take the cybernetics off and put them somewhere safe. Behind them there is a clasp, undo it and they should come lose. Just insert it back into the socket when she puts them back on."

"Really?"

"Yes, just don't lose the prosthetics, they take a lot of materials to make."

"Thanks for telling me Nidia" I left the room before she could even reply.

I still had a few hours to kill before (Y/N) was back. I had no idea what to do, I was wandering around looking for something to entertain myself with. First it started with a group of guardians in the bar, all having a competition of who could down a glass of this foul liquid. As soon as they spotted me they asked me to join. Normally I wouldn't partake in daytime drinking, but a bet is a bet, and I don't lose.

After heading up to the courtyard I saw Shaxx and asked him if I could enter a match. It isn't ever something I do, but it would be fun to surprise (Y/N). "We have a match with a missing member, you can fill in for them"

"Yeah, why not" After a couple seconds I was transmitted into the crucible match, being a vanguard the other team thought I was going to be tough to fight, they couldn't be more wrong. Being locked up in the tower I don't get much action against enemies, sure I do sneak out but I haven't recently.
Within a couple minutes of the match I spotted someone in the opposite team (H/C) hair, and the cybernetics, it was (Y/N). I tried everything to beat her but she had insane reflexes, as soon as I turned the corner, shot. This happened so many times that when I finally got her, I tea bagged her. No regrets.

"Are you salty old man?" She mocked me and laughed at my attempt at the crucible. Her team won the game and she wasn't going to let me live this one down.

"I haven't been here for a long time. I usually just bet on the games, not take part" I admitted, I've earned a lot of money with wagers and betting.

"So I see, the one time you got me, you tea bagged" (Y/N) started to roll her eyes at me. I felt kind of sorry, but I also didn't at the same time.

I'm not sure what it was, or maybe it was the whiskey I drank earlier, but my primal instincts kicked in at that very moment. I couldn't stop myself from what I was doing. "It was a fun game, even though I got killed 6 times." I pulled (Y/N) closer to me, holding her waist.

"You know, lover boy, it's going to take a bit more than that for me to forgive you" she replied mockingly, putting her hand on my chest.

"Oh really, well. Why don't we go on a date and get some ramen. I can tell you some good news about your arm." (Y/N) was excited, begging me to tell her now. I constantly refused and I told her I would tell her later. Once we get back from the Ramen place.