Chapter 1

Maeva's POV:

We arrive at the party about 15 minutes later. Antarctic is doing jumping jacks and backflips in the back of my mind.

"Girls! You're here!" Gabriella greets us. She's wearing a purple dress with a very long blond wig. She's dressed as Rapunzel. We enter the living room where the party is being held. There's color everywhere, balloons, and streamers, she even put up a disco ball. Everyone is wearing a costume, there's an Anna, a Jasmine, a prince Eric and even a Jack Frost. I feel something poke my hand.

"You look really good May, I thought you could use a rose, who knows, it may bring you luck in finding your mate or a cute guy." Gabriella winks at me. I roll my eyes. There's no way I can even think of going out with someone other than my mate, cute or not.

"Look Vanessa! There's a Prince Philippe over there." I point to a blond haired boy about our age to change the subject.

"He's hot, but he's not my mate..." Gabriella gives V. a sympathetic look.

"Come on guys I want to introduce you to some friends of mine." She drags us to the kitchen. She stops us in front of a black haired girl wearing a Beauty costume.

'She smells like a wolf, does Gabby know about this? She should be more careful, We need t-'

'Enough with the worrying Ann, I'll ask about it. '

"Maeva, Vanessa, this is Octavia, she's one of my good friends."

"It's an honor to meet you Maeva, and you Vanessa." She very discreetly bows her head as a sign of respect towards us, just enough so that V. and I notice but Gabriella doesn't. Gabby doesn't seem to know about Octavia.

"Nice to meet you too Octavia, What pack are you from-?" I break the ice.

Gabriella cut me off. "Wait, you're a wolf?! And you didn't tell me?"

Octavia looked at Gabriella like she had grown three heads. "I-I-I d-didn't think that you k-knew about us.."

"Blame that on my wolf, she decided to shift in front of her." I giggled.

"Never mind, What's your pack's name? You should hav-" Gabriella started before being cut off by Vanessa.

"Let her breath Gabby"

Octavia gave her a thankful look. "I'm from the West Moon pack. I'm a regular pack member my alpha is Alpha Sasha. We are actually allies with the Midnight Melody pack."

'Aren't a few of Sasha's wolves moving into our pack?' Vanessa mind-linked me.

'Yup, that's the one.'

"Sasha is a good man." I assure Gabs.

"I love my pack, we're just one big family. I have to admit that I'm a bit apprehensive of meeting my mate, he's not in my pack and I'm not sure how I'll handle leaving it.." Gabriella pulls her friend into a hug. I understand her, even though finding my mate would be the greatest thing on earth, I'd still have trouble with leaving my friends behind.

'Lucky for us, unless we are mated to an alpha, we won't be going anywhere.'

It's true. When mates from two different packs meet each other, usually the she wolf switches packs unless she has a higher rank than her mate or if her mate is willing to give up his position in his pack to join her's. If a Luna mates with an alpha, they usually combine their packs or one of them hands their pack over to a beta or another family member. I know that if I'm mated to another alpha, my pack would go straight into Vanessa's safe hands. So I'm mostly in the clear.

A Prince Charming joins our small group, it was Niall, my Third and best guy friend. We're very close but not as close as I am with Vanessa, she knows me inside out and vice versa. We're like Holmes and Watson, Turner and Hooch, Tom and Jerry, Cupcake and Chocolate. She's my rock and I'm hers. We're inseparable.

While Niall talks to Octavia, Gabriella pulls us towards the garden to meet other people. She stops in front of the Prince Philip we spotted earlier. Apparently his name is Hunter. He's pretty nice. He's from the same pack as Octavia.

My attention is instantly whisked away from the now boring conversation by a sweet smell, it's the nicest and most mouthwatering smell I have ever encountered.
'MATE!' My wolf howls in joy. Our mate is here! We found him!