Chapter 6

I slam the passenger door closed as I get back into Vanessa's truck. I just saw my mate. And he wants to know me. Why else would he take my number? With all these emotions I haven't noticed V. looking at me expectantly. My eyes widen in realization.

"Sorry." I apologize, handing her her cold cup of coffee.

"Thanks babe, what got you smiling like you won the lottery?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

I sigh dreamily. Cliché, I know, but I can't help it when it comes to my mate. He has me wrapped tightly around his little finger. I think about how he looked today. His chocolate brown hair, neatly combed back, his dimples when he laughed.. How he bit the inside of his right cheek when he blushed or was embarrassed. He was even more handsome than I remember. I love the way his eyes sparkle when he talks about someone he likes. I only wish I'll be the reason for it one da-

"Um May, longing looks and dreamy sighs don't quite cover the question." Vanessa brings me out of my thoughts, again. But I'm too elated to be annoyed at my best friend.

"You'll never guess who I ran into a-"

"Was it Logan?" She grins.

"What gave it away?"

"Probably the fact that it's the first time I've seen you genuinely smile since the party and you were almost drooling at the road. It was either that or a new Cookie store opened." She manages to say with a straight face although I'm holding my sides laughing. Praise my good mood!

"He has my number." I stated. She looks at me with wide eyes.

"And here I thought you'd leave us Alpha-less for months. You're good!"

"Let's just hope it doesn't take that long for him to realize we're mates."

"You're a Luna, that means a strong mate bond. You'll see it won't be long before he won't be able to stay away from you." She jumps in her seat and fist pumps the air in front of her.

"Eyes on the road V., I'd like to live long enough to see it." I laugh before taking a deep breath. "He was with a friend though, her name is Kaylie." Jealousy invades me as I think of her relationship with Logan. She seems so close to him, like he could tell her anything. She is really nice too, but that doesn't help the green monster growing in me. "She thought we were together." I smile, but it soon fades when I remember Logan mentioning her to Kaylie.

"That's gold! How come I always miss the good stuff? What happened then?" She whines. I tell her everything from Kaylie 'approving' of us to when Ash got my number, getting a sympathetic look from V. here and there. After about 10 more minutes of Vanessa's reckless driving, our 'surprise' destination is finally insight; the mall. Wow that was a hard guess. Note my sarcasm. It was the only possible destination knowing Vanessa.

"Let's go!" She yells happily when we step out of the truck. She is already at my door before I can even grab my phone from the middle console. 'She is way too excited to do something she does at least once a week, every week,' Ann chuckles, ever amused by our best friend.

Once I step out of the truck, she is quick to clasp my hand in hers and proceeds to drag me into the giant, indoor mall.

She beelines for Forever 21 and immediately goes to her favorite section- the dresses. Yay me.

After a few minutes, the racks from around the store in our size are practically cleared and all the clothing items are tossed over her arm and over me.

"Go change," she demands, shoving me towards the dressing room. She happily goes into the cubicle next to mine and once again reminds me to change, this time adding that I need to hurry so she can see. When I finally manage to wrestle the 'dress' on, V. starts pounding on my door.