Chapter 27:

The morning after Titan's death, the first Capricorns arrived at the hotel. Alejandro went out to meet them, and after a few moments, he called Xavia down to the lobby. The ten Capricorns sent by Cane stood near the door, heads down, hands limp at their sides.

"They won't cause us any more trouble." Alejandro said proudly.

Xavia nodded. "Good. We may need them."

"For what?"

"To get my brother."

"Where's Falcom?" Morgana asked.

"Ezekiel Wilder's old mansion." Xavia replied.

"How do you know?"

"Psychic connection. Now, Alejandro, get us a plane."

The Capricorn nodded and began shouting orders.

"Why do we need to go get Falcom?" Morgana asked. "Won't he come back here now that the hearing is over?"

"Cane wants to reprogram his chip." Xavia tapped her forehead. "We need to stop him. Also, I think it's high time we got rid of that human once and for all."

"You can't just kill Cane. Who would take his place? You?"

"No, Falcom. I'll be much too busy to run it."

"And what will you be doing?"

The question came from Delta, who up until then had been talking to Jinx near the back of the room.

Xavia hesitated, wishing she hadn't said anything. Delta walked up to her, waiting for an answer.

"Running Skyfall." She said.

"What?" Morgana asked. "You're still with Skyfall? So this was a trick after all."

"Not...exactly." She refused to meet Delta's gaze. "I'll be combining Skyfall and the Capricorns to create a task force to keep the world in line after I..."

"After you do what?" Delta prompted gently.

"Use the Skyfall Device to make everyone with my blood type into an Alpha like me."

He stared at her. "You're going to do what?"

"Use the Skyfall Device to-"

"I heard you." He paused. "This is my fault. As soon as I found out you were injected with Lazarus serum, I should have had you decommissioned."

"Decommissioned me? Delta, don't you see? I'm what you wanted in the beginning. I'm the perfect assassin. I...I thought...."

"What?" He snapped.

"I thought you'd be proud of me." She finished.

"Proud of you?" He laughed bitterly. "You're a monster. Let's go, Jinx."

"Finally." She said, starting for the door.

"You're no better than I am." Xavia said as he walked away.

"Maybe not." Delta replied, opening the door. "But I know for certain the worst mistake I ever made was not killing you when I had the chance."

She unsheathed her claws. "Fine. We can do this without you."

He looked bored. "What are you going to do? Kill me? How cliché."

He closed the door behind them.

Xavia tore into the wall with her claws, leaving long slashes in the wood.

"Fine." She said. "I can do this without him. Doesn't matter."

She turned, noticing Morgana and Alejandro staring at her.