Chapter 2: Lunch

No one can imagine how I felt when I saw that stupid car. No one can even begin to imagine my annoyance when I saw the owner of the car and his new trophy girlfriend walked out of the restaraunt.

Yeah. I dated Neal Rios. The selfish, playboy, my-daddy's-a-millionaire, pretty-boy douchebag of our school. We dated over a year ago and he dumped me because I wouldn't spend a night in his bed. Despite our quick and clean break up, he constantly tried to make me jealous by dating girls that I had slept with, or tried to sleep with. It didn't bother me because I'm not the kind of person to make someone be around me if they don't want to be.

Daren and Lavarne pull into the restaraunt parking lot just as Neal spots me and Joe by my bike. Neal smiles at me and leans against his car while his girlfriend, Anna Cochran, sits her booty shorted butt on the hood. Her dark curly hair looks like something that belongs on a poodle.

Anna Cochran lives three streets away from me in the better part of the neighborhood. She's mixed like a mutt and stuck up like a purebred just because her daddy is a lawyer and her mommy's always away on business. She's never worked and like Neal, everything is handed to her on a silver platter.

Daren and Lavarne notice Neal watching us, specifically me, and stand behind me. Always backing me up. Good boys. The four of us walk towards the restaraunt entrance together, me leading our bad@ss crew.

"Hey, Catalina," Neal calls to me, "Going for lunch?"

"No, Neal. We're looking for my pet dragon. I'm thinking it's somewhere close to where I found it last time." Neal hates when people get sarcastic with him. And that's why I did it.

"Oh really? Catalina," Anna reaches out and touches my arm, " I think you may need to have your meds checked." I want to slap the fake look of sincerity right off her face.

I shake her off and turn to Neal, " I thought you were too high up for hookers. Guess I was wrong."

Neal gets a little red, " And I thought you were too tough to hang with manwhores and cumsluts," he looks Daren and Lavarne over, " Guess I was wrong. But enough cheap shots at who we prefer to take company with," he adjusts his suit jacket, " How's that stallion of your's running? Still wild as ever by the looks of it."

"She runs like melted butter on a hot skillet," I love talking about my bike, "I'm thinking about getting a decal for her."

"Some mythical creature or an animal of spead I presume?" he slips a hand between the buttons of his jacket.

"Most likely a bird," I run a hand through my dark hair.

"Of course, you always did love flying," the cheap shot's coming, "Perhaps a gryffin? But instead of a lion, a cheatah?"

"That's not a bad idea, actually, Neal," I fiddle with the chain hanging from my cartilage peircing, "And how's your's running?" I nod at the Ferrari.

"Been better," he pulls Anna off the hood, "But there's a new noise that I can't quite figure out."

"Bring it down to the shop and I'll take a look at it," I offer. Being friendly to people I despise isn't exactly one of my strong points. But I do love ripping off people who deserve it.

"Bring My ferrari to Your SHOP?! " he spits out 'shop' as if it were a nasty taste in his mouth, "I think not! You can repair all the vehicles in the world but I will never allow you anywhere near my precious ferrari! "

"Like I'd want anything to do with you or that bimbo-mobile!" I snarl at him, "Come on, you guys. I'm getting hungry." and I continue walking towards the restaraunt.

Joe, Lavarne, and Daren follow close behind as we enter the restaraunt. The line inside is short, so I soon hear, "How many? Four? Follow me, please, " and we follow the hostess to a booth in a dark corner close to the kitchen doors.