The Call

Liza's POV :

As I drive back home from the dump, I start thinking of new video ideas for this Wednesday, that I would then post on Thursday. I thought about doing another Driving with Liza with friends but my car smells too much of rotten meat to drive anyone around. I consider calling Gabbie to see if she was interested in doing a collab video but that seemed more of a second channel kind of video. I continue thinking of topics and ideas until I arrive in the driveway of my house.

As I get out of the car I notice a piece of paper fall out of my pocket. I pick it up and remember what happened in the bar. "David, cute name for a cute kid," I thought to myself remembering the way his eyes pulled me in and the way his messy, coffee colored hair seemed soft enough to make a pillow out of.

I look at the clock and see that it's slightly past 3 in the morning, so I decide to wait until tomorrow to call him. I walk into my house and lock the doors behind me. I find it amusing how I am so paranoid about my house being broken into but yet I have murderous tendencies that never really seem to fade away. I walk upstairs to my bathroom, looking just the way I left it, and reminding me of the actions I had committed last night.

With a sigh I walk over to the cabinet and take out the soap and the scrub. As I wet the scrub and begin removing the blood from my bathtub, I find myself reminiscing about the rush I feel whenever I see the life drain from someone's eyes, just as I did last night. After I'm done, I walk over to my bed in my comfy pajamas, tuck myself in, and close my eyes.

Yet it doesn't even feel as if a minute had passed by when I open my eyes and look at the clock. "Jesus, it's already 10:30." I think to myself before getting up and getting ready for the day. I have no plans today so I plan on staying home.

Just then I remember David from the night before and decide to see if he wanted to hang out. I look on the floor for the jeans I had worn last night and find them scrunched up in the corner of my room. I reach into the pocket and take out the napkin with David's number on it. I type the number in and press call. The phone rings for about twenty seconds before a voice answers from the other side.

"Hello? Who's this?" David says in a deep sleepy voice. It sounds as if he is still laying in bed waking up from a nap.

"Hey! David? This is Liza, the girl from the bar whom your friends gave your number to." I say in a confident sounding voice coming from a girl the size of a 12 year old boy.

"Oh I remember you! Hey Liza how are you this fine morning?" He says in an excited tone. It sounds as if he could be a good conversationalist.

"I'm good David, I was actually just wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out today? Maybe go get some coffee or some burgers?"

"That sounds great Liza, what time should we head out from here?

I get nervous for the first time in 20 years, "Why am I feeling this way towards David? I barely know him."

I snap out of my dream and direct my attention toward the voice on the other end of the phone as I say, "Any time is fine for me. Can I meet you at your house so we can leave together?"

"Yeah, sure, let me send you the address and I'll see u in two hours?"

I smile to myself, no boy has really ever showed interest in me so this was a new feeling, "Sure! I'll see you then! Bye David!"

I hang up the phone and think to myself, "He's cute, but maybe he'd look cuter dead.."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I hope you guys are enjoying this book and let me know any feedback you guys have!