Chapter 12

Chapter 12

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a second I thought I hadn't heard him correctly.

"A what?"

"A Creeve. A Creeve is a memory sent from the dead to the living. It is something that a dead person has experienced in their life that they show you through a vision and add you into the scenerio to show you something or tell you something that you need to know. Even warn you." 

I tried to understand what Scott was saying, although I hadn't questioned how he knew all this. The only people in the vision was Drake, my mother and me. I'm alive and unfortunately for me so is Drake so that just leaves my mum.

"My mother? She showed me a Creeve?"

I sat back astonished but confused. What could she have tried to tell me? Am I missing something? 

He nodded in responce to my question.

"But the thing is whoever else was in that Creeve, also knows you've seen it. In order for the dead to show the living a Creeve, anyone that was in that moment will also see it again."

"So Drake knew what was going on?"

"Yes."

Scott tightened his jaw. He was clearly extremely angry. 

"What's wrong?"

It was now my turn to be the concerned one.

"If that piece of shit lays a finger on you again I will make life very difficult for him."

He scoffed, eyebrows furrowed. I layed my arms around his neck and hugged him tight.

"I'm okay now, I'm glad you're here."

He squeezed me tightly against him and I smiled even though he couldn't see it.

"I will never let him hurt you."

He assured as we broke away from our hug.

"I know." 

And I smile at him. My eyes trail down to his lips and as I look back at his eyes I notice him smirking at my lips.

"You know you have an amazing smile."

He whispers into my ear teasingly, causing me to smile like a little schoolgirl, which in all fairness, I am.

Our bodies are inches apart, our lips nearly touching. Scott grabs my chin with a couple fingers and turns my head so we're face to face. Heat overlaps my body as Scott looks deep into my eyes just before he-wait.

I pull away from him, abruptly standing up. All my nerves kicking in and worry taking over.

He stood up in confusion and held me by my shoulders.

"What is it?"

I looked back at him feeling guilty and nervous.

"What if I get another flashback? Like the one I got in your apartment."

For the second time tonight he cupped my face in his hands.

"I wouldn't allow that to happen. You entered my memories when you did that, I can block them out now."

I smiled, but then it went away.

"You never did explain that flashback to me. What memory was that? Who was that girl that looked insanely a lot like me?"

He sighed and sat back down on the couch.

"It was you. That night was the night of the accident. Your accident."