Chapter 7

Chapter 7

My forceful words had no effect on him. He expressed no emotion in his appearance, and yet it seemed as though he was thinking hard about something.

"Scott, I need to know."

I managed to say in a calm tone. He looked up off the floor and gave me an apologetic frown. His face softened.

"I was with you."

Was the few words he finally said that left me even more confused than before.

"What are you talking about?"

By the time I had finished asking, he had enclosed the space between us, leaving a thin layer of air. Our faces inches apart.

"You had to forget it all. That's why I left you alone in front of the hospital."

I couldn't quite figure out the meaning behind his words. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

"You? You brought me to the hospital three months ago? They told me they found me lying on the lobby floor ahead of the entrance unconscious. You left me there? Why did you go? Why after all this time have you finally come back? Why can't I remember anything from that month?"

I strained to articulate the right phrases to express all the aggravating emotions that were building up inside of me.

"I have been clueless for months and this whole time, you knew the truth."

I mustered in disgust. I glared angrily at Scott in frustration. How could he do this to me?

"I couldn't tell you because I couldn't remember you. He took away my memory of you. I still had the knowledge of us being together but he took away the memory I had of you as a person. Your appearance and whereabouts included."

After he explained himself I had calmed down a fraction. Although I didn't actually know who 'he' was I asked something else. In need of much more answers I whispered in a confused voice;

"Then how did you find me?"

His face rapidly changed from the guilty look sketched into his expression to a troubled, isolated one as soon as the words fled from my lips. Then with a gulp and a swift transformation to a serious expression he dismissed my question by saying;

"That doesn't matter. The point is, I found you. You have to understand this."

Filled with aggravation, confusion and pain I did the first idea that shoved its way into my head. I used as much force I could summon, thrusting my clenched fists hard into his chest. He stumbled backwards a few steps but other than that my efforts were pointless. His surprised expression told me I definitely caught him off guard.

"What's going on Scott!? How can I understand this when you won't give me any straight out answers!? Stop beating around the bush and just tell me!"

I felt vulnerable. My eyes swelled up, besides the tight knot clogged in my throat, that was the only visual symptom I gave away showing Scott I was seconds away from bursting into tears. This was too much to take in. I tried to be strong but the tears were building up. I couldn't hold out any longer.

My knees started trembling, and the rest of my legs felt weak. I fell to the carpeted floor under me, sitting up against the wall. I unleashed all my emotions in front of him, and I hated it. I didn't want to look weak in front of him but I couldn't help it. I didn't want to even look at him. I was glad my vision was blurred away from watery eyes.

Moments later I had calmed down, and my hysterical crying had decreased to small sobs. Eventually I glanced at Scott. His jaw was clenched in a saddened way. His eyes were warmer and softer than I'd ever seen them. He crouched down inches away from me. He laid his hands on either side of my face and placed his soft lips onto my shocked mouth.