Chapter 4

We cheered that we had won the competition. I high fived Zak. 

"Now. What would you like to do now that we have won the competition?" I asked Zak. He pondered the thought. 

"Hmm. I don't know." He crossed his arms and looked around. 

"Summer! Zak!" I heard our names called among the crowd. I looked to see who it was. 

"Uncle Aaron! Nick! Mom..Dad..." I yelled back the names of the people I saw coming towards us. 

"You guys did great! First place, and tied with Joe!" Aaron smiled and came in for a high five. I met his hand and we pounded fists. Then he headed for handshake and when they met, it was a bro hug. I smiled and watched the love.  

"Nice job, Summer." Nick said. 

"Thanks Nick." I remarked.

"We were thinking that maybe we all could hang out on the beach once we find Joe. What do you think of that?" My mom suggested. I thought about it. 

"Kay." Zak said. "Beach time sounds like fun!" He grinned at me. 

"I'm for it!" Aaron said. 

"Well, it looks like the majority of us are in it for beach time." Nick said, "So, I guess, I'm in too." He laughed lightly.  

"It's settled. Come on Brendan, let's find Joe." My mom said. "You 4 can set up." She gave us orders and left. Zak and Nick worked together to set up a rented umbrella and the towels. Aaron pulled me to the side. An amused grin was on his face.

"I see you. Working magic on our poor Zak." He giggled.

"What do you mean?" I asked, slightly amused at the fact that they thought Zak liked me. 

"Pshh don't play. I saw you and him at the mall. Oooh and it was interesting." He told me. 

"Creeper!" I gasped, jokingly.

"I was at the mall with nick, trying to find something to do, but we saw you two and decided to investigate. It's what we do best!" He said. 

"Oh right. I'll believe that." I told him. 

"And let me tell ya, you two." He pointed to Zak and then me, "you two look like a cutesy couple." He told me. 

"Cutesy? Really?" I looked at Zak. 

"Yes! You know what I think, not being your Uncle, but your friend, you two should date." He suggested. I snorted at the suggestion.

"Aaron, do you know how old I am?"

"Yes.."

"And do you know how old he is?"

"Yes.."

"That is a 19 year difference. Society won't allow, my parents won't allow it." I told him.

"But..you see when you're 16 you can get married in Alabama. Also, you can date someone older than you." He told me that same facts that Autumn had told me. So it seemed reliable.

"I...I guess. But I don't think he likes me." I held my arms in front of my self and swung them around.

"I think he does, but to make sure, let's see how this day at the beach goes." Aaron suggested. I nodded. Both of us returned to the umbrella and towels. I sat down on the towel. Zak sat down next to me. Again, he was closer to me than a normal person would be. I looked up at him and spotted his trademark hair. 

"Hey...your hair? Can I touch it?" I asked. After seeing the Fort Chaffee episode, this would be a test. Aaron and Nick stopped what they were doing and watched me. Zak looked surprised but came back down to reality.