Chapter 3

Lex's POV

I was in a car with Adam, everything before just happened so fast I didn't really have time to respond to any of it. I am now in the car with someone I thought was gonna rip my head off the other day. Why he even agreed to his little sister's wild request is beyond me. What is worse though is my face is still sore from yesterday. The bruising was much worse andI know this sounds girly but, I put foundation on the bruises so thy were less noticeable, I mean who wouldn't? I was going to be in public.

I leaned against the door watching the scenery go by, his family is probably just as scary as he was and I am not ready to meet such people. Not only that but I don't even know Adam, why on earth did he just kidnap me? Was he still pissed off about his shoes? Shit, maybe he wants revenge or something? I know it sounds silly that someone would be that upset on shoes but you never know what kind of people you meet in this world.

We got to his house and I was surprised it looked like a normal looking house. We got out of the car and I just followed like a shadow behind Adam. He opened the door and Molly ran inside. Time was 10:04, we still had 2 hours before the 'picnic' would happen. Molly ran down the hall and I assume into her room. The painting remained in the car for use for a different time. I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the worst.

"I am not used to having people over so just make yourself at home." Adam said I took off my shoes like he did and just followed him. "Sorry, this is so last minute and everything. You probably had plans today with friends or something." We got to his room and I was again surprised. His room looked like a normal high school boys room.

"No, I wasn't busy or anything." I answered walking in awe struck. I heard him laughing.

"Not what you were expecting huh?"

"Not at all." He did have a TV in his room and an Xbox which he insisted on playing, I bet him 2 to 1 in every game we played.

"Do you own an Xbox?" He asked.

"No. Never played a video game in my life." he looked at me like I was crazy or inhuman.

"Beginners luck. How can you not game your whole life?" He layed on the bed and I looked over to him. There was something about this atmosphere that I was really enjoying.

"Never had the time I guess." I voice trailed off, I didn't like lying but if he knew what goes on at home I think he would laugh or just not understand. I guess I could have told him the truth, I mean I seriously have nothing to loose from it...

"We still have an hour to kill before Molly is gonna come in and insist on us making food for the picnic. What do you want to do?" He sat up ad leaned against the head board. I turned myself around to I was facing him.

"Don't know." I looked around the room some more, memorizing every detail of it.

"Okay, what do you normally do with your friends. I never have friends over so I am clueless." I looked over to him, he never had friends over? Why? I see him with people all the time.

"I don't know..." I looked down in my lap. Then again, I wasn't one to judge considering I don't even have a friend. Maybe just maybe... Adam could be a friend... Who am I kidding we would never be friends.

"How do you not know?"

"I don't really have friends... communication on that level really is not my forte."

"You don't need communication to have friends you need the right kind of fit. Like Yin and Yang... now wait that is couples... I guess to be friends common interests are a key factor." He looked me over and I felt really uncomfortable... I don't know this kid but, I do know he was a completely different person here at home then at school. "Let's do this, get to know each other first. How about that?"