Chapter 1

"Don't panic!  It'll be ok!"  Erza said, as she rang the hospital.

"It's hard not to when you're in labour!"  I yelled back, crying out as I pushed.  I could hear Erza talking on the phone, but I was oblivious.  All I could concentrate on was the baby I was pushing out. 

"It'll be ok Lucy, someone'll be here soon."  I nodded unconsciously. 

~

A few hours later, I was sat holding my baby girl.  She was tiny, with a squished face and a mop of pink hair.

"She's beautiful."  Erza said, squeezing my shoulder.  I nodded happily, staring at her.

"What's her name?" 

"Nashi."  I smiled, letting her wrap her small hand around my finger.  "Her name's Nashi."

"Are you going to tell Natsu?"  My head snapped up.

"No!"  I said.  "No.  I won't."  I looked back down at Nashi.  "He has his fiance, and I don't want to disrupt their life and..."  I trailed off.

"Lucy..."  Erza said quietly.  "You'll be ok on your own, right?"

"Yes.  I will."  I kissed Nashi's forehead.  "She's so perfect."

~

"Mummy!  Mummy!"  Nashi called running up to me.  She promptly fell and tripped over, she hadn't gotten used to it yet, she was only one.

"Oh!  Are you ok?"  I ran towards her, and picked her up.  She nodded, and held up a piece of paper.

"Look."  She said.  The page was covered in random scribbles.

"What is it?"  I asked.

"Butterflies."  She said proudly.

"It's a very beautiful picture."  I said.  "What colours did you use?"

"Blue, and lellow."  She said.  The painting was red and yellow.   I laughed.

"I thought that was red?"  I said.

"Red."  She repeated happily.  Erza, who had been listening nearby, laughed.  I looked up at her.

"Thank you so much for looking after her."  I said, as Nashi squirmed to free herself from my grip.  "Stay there sweetie."  I said.

"I'm happy to help."  She paused, and I knew she was going to say the thing she always said whenever she saw us.  "You should contact Natsu."

"I can't.  He doesn't need to know he has a daughter."  I said.  Nashi looked up at me.

"Daddy?"  I sighed and stroked her hair.

"No sweetie.  Not daddy."  I looked at Erza.  "Thank you so much for looking after her again."  I walked to my apartment with Nashi, setting her down and holding her hand.  Nashi tugged my hand and pointed to a playground.

"Not now."  I said.  Nashi looked down sadly, and I immediately felt bad. 

"Ok, just a bit."  Nashi smiled and ran over to the slide.  I followed, helping her up the ladder.  She went down a few times, crying out her 'wheeeee' every time.  I smiled at her.  When the time came to go, I told her one last slide.