Chapter 8

"Natsu is Sting's cousin?"  I asked.

"Yeah... didn't you know that?"  Rogue said.

"No."  I said, stroking Nashi's head.  "I didn't."

"Here."  Sting came to the door, holding out Bella.  

"Oh my god thank you."  I said.  "I don't know what would've happened without it."  

"It's fine."  Sting said.  "Did you want to come inside?"  I thought about it for a while, debating whether or not to go inside.

"I, um... should probably go back and put Nashi to bed."  

"Did you want me to drive you?"

"No.  I'm good."  I said.  "It's not far  to walk.  And I can catch the bus if I need to."

"Ok.  I'll see you soon."

"Here's Bella, and her bottle."  I said, rummaging through my bag.  "Oh!  And I've also got nappies, and extra clothes."

"It's ok Lucy."  Natsu said, shifting Nashi up his side.

"Remember, she's allergic to aubergine, and bedtime is at eight.  Also no snacks after tea.  And only milk after seven.  And if she starts crying, just give her a few cuddles until she stops."

"Ok, Lucy."  Natsu said again.

"Give her her bath after dinner, and then let her play for a bit, I've packed some toys for her."  I rummaged in my bag for them.  "And the bath should be about lukewarm temperature.  Not too hot.  And no higher than about your hand or a bit deeper."

"Lucy."  He said more insistently.  "It's ok.  I understand."

"I wrote it all down."  I handed him a piece of paper.

"Ok.  Now go."  Natsu practically ordered.

"Ok, ok.  I'm going."  I held my arms out for Nashi, and hugged her tightly.

"Bye sweetie."  I said, showering her with kisses.  "You be good for Daddy and Lisanna.  Ok?"  Nashi snuggled up to me and nodded.

"Bye sweetie.  I love you."  I handed her back to Natsu.

"Have fun at school."  He said, jokingly.

"It's not school."  I said.  "It's a night class."

"Precisely, school."

"Yeah, well... it's only the first night.  We'll have to see how it is."  I tickled Nashi lightly.  "And how this little madam is."  Nashi giggled, and clung to Natsu.

"Good luck."  He leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"Thanks."  I murmured, before kissing Nashi one last time.  "I love you."  I said to her, but then I realise my eyes were fixed on Natsu.

"I-I said that to Nashi."  I said, quickly closing the door behind me.  

"To create a believable world you need to..."  The teacher stopped talking as my phone rang.

"Ah, um, sorry, continue."  I said, ending it.

"As I was saying,"  She gave me a small glare, "To create..."  My phone rang again.

"I'm so so sorry."  I said.  "I should take this."  I quickly left the room, answering my phone.  "What?"  I asked.

"Lucy, it's me, Lisanna."  

"Why are you calling?"  I asked. 

"I-It's Nashi.  She had an accident.  We've taken her to the hospital.  Natsu's with her now.  He wanted to not bother you at first, but it looks serious, so we decided to call you."

"Which hospital are you at?"  I said.  "I'm coming."

"I'm sorry, I have to go."  I said, taking my bags, interrupting the teacher once again.

"Are you OK, Miss Heartfilia?"  She asked, rather sarcastically.

"No."  I said, looking up at her, tears streaming down my face.  "My daughter has had an accident, and if I hadn't have been selfish in coming here, then-then maybe I could've prevented it."  I stared at her for a few seconds, before walking out of the door.

"Where is she?"  I cried out when I saw Lisanna.  She pointed to a hospital room, and I rushed in immediately.

"Can I help you?"  A doctor said, from where he was looking at her.

"Lucy."  Natsu said, opening his arms for me, and letting me fall into them.  "This is her mother."  He said to the doctor.

"H-how is she?"  I asked, moving away from Natsu and over to Nashi.

"She'll be fine.  She just had a severe allergic reaction to something.  We're not sure what."  The doctor said.  I breathed a sigh of relief.

---------------

Sorry, I had really bad block, and had no idea what to write.  So, um... yeah... I came up with this.  Sorry it's short, but I just wanted to get something out.  Thanks for reading.