Chapter 5

Nashi stared blankly at Natsu.  Natsu stared at me, shocked.  Slowly, she raised her arms out to him.

"Daddy."  Natsu stood there, and didn't respond to her.

"Pick her up."  I growled, pushing my head in her direction.  Natsu stepped forward in a daze, and slowly took her into his arms.  I smiled.  It was quite touching.  A wide grin appeared on his face.

"I'm a father."  He said.  "I'm the father of a beautiful little girl."  He spun Nashi around, and she squealed loudly.

"Woah woah woah."  I said, standing up. "Not too much excitement before bed."  I took Nashi off him.  "You need to go back to sleep missy."  I put her down on her bed, and tucked her in.

"Goodnight sweetie."  I said.  Natsu leaned down and kissed her on the forehead hesitantly.  Before saying goodnight as well.

We walked out, and as soon as the door was closed I whirled around to face him.

"Let me make this perfectly clear.  I am not doing this for you.  I'm doing it because it's what's best for Nashi." 

"I understand."  He said.

"I still have main custody of her, and if you want to see her, you need to ask me.  Understood?"

"Yes." 

"Phone."  He handed it over immediately and I typed my number in. 

"There.  Call me if you want to see her."  I said.

"Thank you, Lucy."  He said, staring at the door Nashi was behind.  "Thank you so much."  I gave him a small smile.

"Yeah.  You're welcome."  His phone beeped and he glanced down at it.

"It's Lisanna, I should tell her the news."  My smile fell slightly, but I nodded.

"Yeah.  You should."  I opened the door.  "See you."

"Lucy."  Erza said.  "I'm so, so sorry."  I sighed.

"It's ok.  It's probably for the best that he knows."  I said, pulling Nashi's t-shirt on.  Nashi mumbled nonsense to herself whilst playing with my hair.

"You were looking out for me."  I smiled, adjusting Nashi's clothes.  She giggled as I tickled her tummy. 

"I shouldn't have done it.  So I'm sorry."  Erza said, reaching a hand across the table.

"It's fine.  It's better for Nashi if he's in her life."  Suddenly, I started to cry.

"What's wrong?"  Erza asked, panicking.

"I-I just realised.... She's not just my little girl anymore..."  I wiped my eyes.  "I'm gonna-gonna have to sh-share her with Natsu, and she's not just... mine... anymore."  I buried my face into Nashi's hair.

"Mummy."  She said turning around for cuddles.  Nashi stared at my tears, touching my face.

"It's ok sweetie."  I kissed her hand.  "Mummy's ok."  I furiously rubbed the tears away.  "Did you like your daddy, Nashi?"  I asked.

"Yes."  She said.  I smiled sadly. 

"That's good."  Erza said.  I gave her a small smile.

"I just want her to be happy."  I felt tears threaten to spill out again.  "I want what's best for her."  I held her close.  My phone rang and I fumbled to pick it up.

"Hello?"  I asked.

"Lucy."  My heart lurched when I heard his voice.

"Hi Natsu."  I said.

"So Lisanna wants to meet you.  Properly."   He said.

"O-ok." I said.  "Um.  When?"

"This afternoon."

"Oh, ok.  I'll um, see if I'm free."

"Ok."

"Yeah, I am."  I said after checking my work schedule.

"I'll see her then.  Are you coming as well?"  I asked.

"Yeah.  If that's ok?"

"Of course.  Nashi keeps on saying daddy.  I'm sure she'd love to see you."  I smiled.

"So can you come round to my office?"  He asked.  "I'll text you the address."

"Yeah, sure." 

"At one?"

"Ok."

"Ok, I'll see you then.  Say hi to Nashi for me."  He said.

"Yeah."  He hung up and I sighed.  Erza looked at me questioningly.

"Lisanna wants to meet us properly.  So we're going to talk in the afternoon."

"Ok." 

I stood outside Natsu's office, and took in a deep breath.  I raised up my hand and slowly knocked on the door.

---------------

I updated!!!  Whoop whoop!  I hope you enjoyed.  I feel whenever I update once, I get super motivated, and then after a few chapters I lose it, lol.  Oh well, at least you get a few chapters at a time...