Chapter 22

Recap of last chapter:

"...Spots off."

A bright light flashes over her body, gradually transforming her back into her civilian self.

I nervously glance up at her, and as soon as I do, my heart begins to beat faster than it ever has before.

And that's the last thing I remember before everything goes black.

Marinette

As Cat Noir begins to fall, I quickly reach out to break it, shocked at such a dramatic reaction from him.

Who knew he'd faint when he finally found out my true identity? I mean I know it's shocking and all but is it really that shocking? I nervously glance around me, looking for a bench with an unconscious Cat Noir in my arms. Wow, if this park had people in, they'd probably be so confused. Why is a normal citizen-Marinette-carrying an unconscious superhero? I'd most likely get arrested.

I finally find a bench and struggle carrying Cat Noir to it. Since I'm not Ladybug right now, I no longer have the strength to carry him with ease.

Once I reach the bench, I sit down with a sigh. That took longer than it needed to take. Ugh, why did he have to pass out?!

Unsure of how to use this silence, I take the liberty of poking his cheek repeatedly to see if he wakes up.

"Why does this amuse me so much?" I ask myself out loud as I continue to poke Cat Noir's cheek. It doesn't really help wake him up though. "Hmm...Maybe if I try..." My eyes light up when I realise how I can wake him up.

I wonder if he's ticklish...

With the hugest (and probably creepiest) grin on my face, I tickle his stomach as much as I possibly can, causing him to suddenly gasp and squirm out of my touch. I place a hand over my mouth as I giggle. I've wanted to do that for so long.

He furrows his brows in confusion as he tries to familiarise himself with his surroundings before his eyes finally land on me.

And then he looks at his hands.

And back at me again.

And then he gasps.

"Y-you're Ladybug..." he mutters in disbelief. I hesitantly nod, looking anywhere but his eyes. I'm beginning to feel quite nervous about what he's thinking.

"All this time...For 2 years I...FRIENDZONED YOU? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I COULD'VE BEEN WITH THE ONE PERSON I'VE EVER LOVED WITHIN A SECOND AND I WAS TOO STUPID TO REALISE THAT?!" he yells to himself, throwing himself off the bench and pacing in front of me. I stay quiet.

It's probably best if I just let him come to terms with everything.

But then I remember he needs to tell me his real identity.

"Uh-I think-"

"NO WONDER YOU ASKED ME HOW I COULD POSSIBLY BE WITH 'MARINETTE'! SHE'S YOU! I feel so stupid..."

"Well-"

"And you know what the worst part of this is? I almost knew! I had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that was telling me to make a connection but I never thought deeply enough about your identity! How dumb is that?" he continues ranting to me and I refrain from rolling my eyes. I glance behind me to see Tikki and give her pleading eyes to help me shut him up. With a giggle and a nod she flies out in front of me.