chapter 8

You woke up hungover and your head throbbing from when you fell. You didn't remember falling, though. You barely remembered last night at all. Only that you went out, met a man named Nick, got fucked up and...

Went to go make music with him.

You rubbed your temples, your eyes still closed and your back still pressed against the metal. The... metal? You felt around. You ran your fingertips over the metal bolts and screws that connected the sheets on cold metal. Whatever you were on was man made. And probably made by that Nick man. You sat up slowly, your head throbbing. You finally opened your eyes and scanned the room. The walls were metal, too. There was your suitcase and some guitar cases. You had no idea where you were. You steadily rose to your feet, but whatever you were on - or in - was moving and caused tour knees to give out. You fell, tripping over yourself and slamming your hands down on the metal. "Fuck!" You hissed, squeezing your eyes shut, embracing for your face to impact on tje metal slates.

You lifted your head up and looked around some more. Your vision was a bit blurry but, you appeared to be on a submarine. With someone steering it at the front. Your heart stopped, did a back flip, and started sprinting all in a matter of seconds. You hopped up, pushing all your aches and pains down and away for the time being. "Nick where the fuck am I? Take me back, now!" Your voice was as shaky as your legs, your bare feet slipping on the floor every so often.

You gripped the leather of the chair he was sitting in, and glared down at him. Only, it wasn't him.

It was an orential, young girl with black messy hair that covered her eyes. You squinted at her and curled your upper lip. "Who the fuck are you?"

She didn't answer, but she acknowledged your presence. She looked to you, and that's when you saw her bullet wound. It made you nauseas. You gripped your stomach and stumbled backwards, causing you to run into a wall. You looked to your right and glared out of the large window. There were beautiful fish, coral, and many other submarines. But as amazing as the view was, it made all of the liquor and the egg in your stomach rise into your throat.

And you vomited.

You needed water, but it seemed there wasn't any. You had accepted that the girl driving didn't, or couldn't, talk. But because of the several other submarines ahead of you, you assumed Nick was on one. So you waited. You had since vomiting changed into some more comfortable clothing that he had packed for you. Leggings, a soft t-shirt and some socks. The floor had been slowly freezing your bare feet. It hadn't been really long since you woke up, but thankfully your hangover was already fading. You were honestly thankful you had thrown up, you just wished you hadn't done it on the girl. Probably made her like you even less.

Now, you were sitting in the corner of the submarine, your knees pressed against your chest in a full body hug. You rested your cheek on your knees and looked at the wall next to you. You could fall asleep, but you were afraid to. So you forced your eyes to stay open as your journey through the sea continued.