Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Kendall Sparks sat in his chair. Leon was with him.  This was the kind of thing Leon loved, teaching.

"How are Vivian and Gracie?" Leon asked.

"They're good. Things have calmed down after Grace got into trouble."

"Is she okay now?" Leon looked down at Kendall.

"She's better. She doesn't like staying in at lunch period." Kendall replied.

"The punishments in schools have changed so much in the last few centuries." Leon mused.

"I keep forgetting your 569 years old. You adapt to new time periods very well." 

"I still hate the new technology. Can't people make one kind of everything?" Kendall smiled at Leon's hate for modern technology. Then his cell phone rang. The caller I.D. showed Vivian's name.

Kendall answered it. "Hey Viv, what's going on?"

"Kendall, you need to come home." Vivian's voice was wobbly.

"What's wrong, Viv?" Kendall asked.

"Please, come home."

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" Kendall was worried. Leon watched him.

"Kendall, please come home." Her voice cracked as if she was about to cry. Kendall was really freaked out now.

"Viv, tell me what's wrong." He heard a clicking sound.

"Hello son. Did you miss your father." Kendall's eyes widened. The other line hung up.

"What's wrong?" Leon asked.

"My parents are with Vivian."