Random Poems

By: Kriti249

➢ Title

     Your title says exactly what it is. If you want to switch it to something meaningful about the overall aesthetics of your poetry, you definitely should. A lot of my titles are one word or a two-worder combined into one piece of simplicity.

➢ Cover

     I don't like this cover at all. It's blurry and bare-looking. The words are condensed and I can't really read them.

➢ Description

     Again, your description says it all. You don't really need to say much here because it isn't a professional novel or anything. It's just purely cosmetic.

➢ Grammar

     I don't really think I can comment too much about improper grammar in something like poetry seeing as it is just that -- poetry. Grammar in poetry is all relevent on how you want to say what you are saying. The pauses, the emphasis, and the relevance of your punctuation all depend on a personalized style choice. If you like how it looks or sounds on your tongue, you go for it.

     Poetry is NOT a novel, so don't worry too much about this category. Of course, mind that you can actually read and grasp the concept. Simple grammar is best in poetry, and making sure it is readable helps.

     I saw a few places you didn't put spaces, periods, or commas. Just go back through and check little things. Don't make it too difficult to understand, but you do need to make sure to have punctuation and spacing.

➢ Characters

     I will not be exploring this category for poetry.

➢ Plot/Originality

     There is no plot to review, so you can skip this one too.

➢ Style of Writing

     Your sentences are short and sweet, but you punctuate quite a lot. I pause lots and then I don't feel like I'm flowing along with your writing. 

     I do like how you are trying to connect your words and your feelings. I think to really achieve this, you should look deep inside yourself and pull what you are out. You let the person deep down out onto that paper and you let them write. That is how you write true, raw emotion. That is how you connect thoughts and feelings to others and how you make your heart flow into your piece. Don't take everything too literal and try not to think too much about how you are writing it. It's all inside, you just have to dig it out.

      Practice, practice, practice. Write over and over, jot down words in different orders so you can say the same thing in different ways, and have fun. Expand your styles, and be patient with it. It will come to you.

      I really enjoyed reading "Fading Away", it made my heart twinge quite a bit. I also liked "The Best Thing". They remind me of someone I used to love very much and of how I felt when I felt for him. They are both lovely. I'd love to see them written in a different style, possibly something like an old-fashioned English prose.

➢ Conclusion

     Although this wasn't the best poetry ever written, I think you are off to a good start. You've got a lot of writing to do and a lot of ideas to start jotting down. Keep it up and practice lots!

➢ Tulle Count: 2 Rolls of Tulle

➢ Extra notes:

     Sorry this is short, but poetry is a bit tricky. Grammar is all relevant unless you want to use novel-like traits for it. The only thing I can really help is with style and phrasing. I definitely suggest looking into famous poets if you want to learn more.