IV.

Important note at the end, please read!

-

I broke down, sobbing. However, I luckily didn't break down onto the dead, cold body of my dead ex boyfriend, I broke down onto the floor, I fell backwards. It hurt.

My brain started to process everything just now when I felt the pain. It let me realize.

I was still with this ghost.

It is still here.

It is still going to murder me.

I immediately flipped on my stomach and crawled towards the corridor until a cocky laugh filled the hot air. I let my head fall, sobbing, my forehead drowned in sweat.

"Why are you in such a hurry, Milady?" a raspy voice toned and steps could be heard.

My heart raced. I felt its beat everywhere, in my whole body. I practically felt everything in my body anyway and eventually also the cold that came over me when steps became louder and closer.

It felt like my skin is going to freeze when I felt a palm touching my back and stopping me. I shrieked out, fear controlling my senses. How could this possibly happen? It was impossible, and nothing else.

Ghosts do not exist.

Demons do not exist.

This house doesn't exist.

This situation isn't actually happening.

You wish.

"Help" I whispered, breaking down, only seeing black.

-

I suddenly started to feel again.

After there had been a big hole which was all black and I couldn't remember anymore, I started to feel my legs again. And my arms. Pretty much every other limb as well. Which was good because this big, black hole was a thing I didn't like. I neither knew what it was filled with whilst I didn't seem to notice anything, nor I remember where I am delaying myself right at the moment when I felt myself again.

It was cold. The room and the area around me was cold, frozen. It was freezing my body.

I even felt the chills in my inner. My organs, the air I filled my lungs with in a static rhythm and even my beating heart felt uncomfortable.

I somehow recognized this sort of coldness, it was bleak. I felt bleak and I didn't like it.

I yet was too weak to move in what way ever, even opening my eyes seemt to require too much power for me to obey.

Instead of moving, I thought. I thought about everything, totally idiotic things but mostly I tried to remember where I delayed currently.

The party.

Shit. What if I would have been raped? What if someone kidnapped me? Did I die and this is what it feels like when you start your new life in the afterlife?

I was always one of those who believed in an afterlife and the way you would continue in what way ever even if you were murdered.

"You definitely didn't die, Milady."

A raspy voice, filled with sarcasm a lot, toned. I couldn't identify the exact direction it came from but it was close. It was in this room.

It.

Milady.

It called me Milady. And I know realized that I hadn't been raped, I was in the Styles Mansion.

I remembered.

And I cried.

I laid there on what thing ever, I assume it was the floor since it hurt in my back and it didn't really feel nice, but I remembered what I did here earlier when I lost every kind of awareness. Ansel died.

Ansel died.

The boy I believed to love. He died in front of me, whilst there was this big, red and bloody hole on his stomach. I refused but sort of just thought about what the ghost has done to him that there was this certain hole but I didn't like the idea at all.

I cried, sobbed, and I definitely wanted die.

"Death is such an uncertain thing, you know." the voice toned again.

I was trembling when steps could be heard. They neared themselves until it stopped and I felt like freezing.

"I was wondering why such a beautiful girl like you delayed herself here with these cheap people."

And as he just insulted my friends which have been killed by this creature somewhere in the past hours, my eyes flew open. I felt dizzy so suddenly, now that I saw light. Now that there was something to see, something else than just black.

I stared at a ceiling, an old one. It looked antique, dark wood spread all across the area above me. But yet I didn't dare to stand up to face whatever this man, boy, thing was. I wasn't ready for dying, for what might come after I dared. And as I said, there is not a yet so tiny thing of courage in my whole body.

As I stared at the ceiling for, like, 3 seconds, there suddenly was a face popping into my field of vision. It was upside down and looked at me. I jumped up, in fear of course, tripping backwards as I tried to run away. I fell on the floor, the old, slippery and smooth floor, as I slid against a wall. It hurt in my not yet recovered back when I made the rough contact with the surface.

I'd closed my eyes in pain for a few seconds but shot them open once more when there were steps, slow and easygoing steps, that toned. They of course neared themselves closer to me, and I didn't like it. As I shot my eyes open I saw a tall and large figure in the middle of the room, he stopped walking now. It was a young man, nearly 20 maybe, wearing dark jeans and a white shirt. It was buttoned until the middle of his chest so that a bit of pretty pale skin showed. His hands were folded behind his back when he observed me observing him. As I reached his face, my heart raced in my throat, my lips trembling. It was cold, scary yet this boy was beautiful. Dark curls, in a perfect shape, framed a slim face with bright eyes whilst there was a small grin spread across plump lips.

I was speechless, to be all honest since I didn't expect to discover someone like him. I thought this phantom was an old man, grumpy, whatever I imagined, I didn't imagine someone like him. And as I slowly started to process, I couldn't and didn't even want to believe that this is the ghost in every horror story that would be told when kids from Newcastle would go camping or whatever. That this boy, a few feet away from me, is the reason why all these missing people died, including my friends and probably soon myself.

"Are you scared?"

-

hey everyone! :-)

thanks for nearly (?) 100 reads?? :-) thank you so much! and an even bigger thanks to those who vote and comment, thanks a lot!

sorry that you had to wait for so long but I wrote a few exams and yeah. I'm now also going to a volleyball training every Thursday since I am gone on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well. so sorry x

here it is, what do you think?

let me know ¿¿¿

(just a note: I probably won't be posting until the weekend after the upcoming one since I'm in Belgium the whole next week :/)

ly loads, Byee!