V.

A/N: heyy I'm back from my class trip. If you're wondering; it was terrible. Here's the new chapter, if you like it please give it a vote and may leave a comment! ily x

-

"Are you scared?"

For a moment, his voice rang through the hall. It was more of a hall than it was of a room so I decided to call it hall.

I didn't know if I should give him an answer, now that he was obviously trying to converse with me. I was torn between answering or just being quiet but I think the latter is the better of an idea since this man was a ghost and killed my friends.

"You don't really have to, Rosalie. I'm just asking."

Rosalie. He knew my name. How did he know my name? How was that even possible?

I refused to answer. I even refused to breathe because I thought that dying is the better idea right now. And if I breathed, he would know that I'm alive and that's what I wanted to avoid.

"Okay, fine. I just tried being nice, if you don't want me to, that's okay." he said as if he was offended.

People can be weird at times, that's what I've learned over all the years being a teenager. Did I offend him? No. Did I do anything what could have offended him? No, because I literally didn't do a yet so tiny thing since I was scared of even breathing.

Maybe that's the thing, you idiot.

Acting like ignoring someone can be offending at times, too.

I watched the phantom walking towards the door, slowly but with the surest steps. As his hand pulled out for the door handle, I decided to talk.

"Will you kill me?"

With my through the room ringing voice, his head turned to face me. A confused and repellent gaze painted his features in a face I neither liked on this dead stranger, nor on every other person because it gave me a bad feeling. It made me realize that I whether said something wrong or stupid. Idiotic. I was idiotic at times.

The ghost (about whom I wasn't sure anymore if he was actually dead) turned his body to be stood in front of me, walking towards the wall I leant against. Slow steps, silent steps.

"Death is such an uncertain thing." he repeated.

He stood there, a few steps away from me, watching my small body on the floor. I seemed weak, and that's how I felt. Powerless. Moving, breathing and too much thinking required too much for me to do and so it was even heavy for my brain to process his words.

"And to answer your question; no. I won't kill you, Miss."

I sighed. It was a reflection, out of pure annoyances. This whole situation grew above my head and let me be someone, something I was not. I never was this weak and limp and being something as powerless as I was right now made me feel bad. I felt filthy. My friends died and I wanted to die too. What was wrong with this world? What was wrong with Newcastle?

"There is so much to answer this question but I would rather refuse to since I have no time for nonsense like this."

I was definitely dreaming, that's what I was sure about by now that he seemed to read my mind. He cannot do this. It's unfair because I happen to be alive, a living person, I'm breathing, I'm thinking and I'm even conversing with the death itself. I was going insane and I thought that this is the end but at least I was alive. In a dream.

"Milady, I please you to stop this. Your thoughts are rather confusing and slowly but surely starting to annoy me." he said and nodded as our gazes met.

"Why do they confuse you?" I questioned since I couldn't find the relation.

I mean, it was more than clear that my thoughts don't make sense after I'd awoken from a big black hole in which I seemed to be sleeping without awareness.

"Because you simply think too much, Miss. There is a bit of fear, which I cannot comprehend at all, there is this certain want for your own death, amazingly stupid by the way because nobody should want their deaths, and that this world is a filthy place is an all known information, don't you think?" he told me.

I was set in a bit of a shock. He actually read my mind the whole time through I was here and the things he said weren't even wrong.

"And by the way, instead of always finding a synonym like phantom or ghost, you can simply call me Harold."

I felt blush rising on my cheeks. What the actual hell was going on?

"Will you stop reading my mind and let me go home? I've been here for too long, I assume." I asked without joy in my voice.

"How can you possibly know for how long you have been here, Milady?" Harold asked back.

He was smart and it didn't happen too often to me that I was conversing with smart people. Well, it never happened before that I was into a conversation with a dead boy as well so I think that's fair enough.

"You're right, I can't. But I didn't play this mirror game, too so you have no reason to keep me here. Will you let me go home?" I asked again.

I was tired of begging. I never had a reason to do that before but still, for the first time it was horrible.

"Yes." he laughed.

"Really?" I asked in excitement and jumped up from my position on the floor.

Of course there was a dizzy feeling expecting me since my circulation wasn't being used too much in the last few hours. I tripped forward a few steps but stopped myself at a big enough distance to Harold.

"Where's the exit?" I asked smiling, of course a bit sarcastic but looked around the room to find the door.

"Maybe later." he said, a grin spread across his mouth.

I looked up to him a bit confused, watching how he leant down.

"Get some sleep, Milady." Harold whispered in my ear. "You'll need power."