Chapter 18

~Tris's pov~
I wake up to an empty bed. I look at the time and see it's 10:30. I don't have to be at work because I'm on maternity leave which is nice but it sucks that Tobias isn't here with me. I finally get out of bed. Today I'm 9 months pregnant and I'm ready for Addie to be born. I am super hungry so I'm going to the cafeteria and getting myself some Dauntless cake. Addie always craves Dauntless cake. She is definitely going to be like Tobias. I get dressed in leggings and a sweatshirt. I throw some combat boots on. Tobias doesn't like it when I walk around the compound by myself because he thinks that Evelyn or Marcus is going to come back. Since I'm only going to the cafeteria I think I will be fine to go by myself plus the gang might be in there anyways. I grab my phone and start walking. Once I get to the cafeteria I get 5 slices of Dauntless cake and I see Zeke. I go and sit with him and he looks at me like I'm crazy. I turn toward him and say "what are you looking at". He just shrugs his shoulders and then asks me "what are you doing by yourself and how is my niece doing". I say "I'm here by myself because your niece was craving Dauntless cake and she is doing good". Zeke and I leave but he goes to work and I go to the house. As I'm walking I feel something run down my leg and I get a sharp pain in my stomach. I grab onto the wall and start breathing. I can't believe I'm going into labor now. I pull out my phone and time the contractions. Once it passes I start walking toward the house because I need to get the bags. I start walking and another contraction hits. I time it and it's 1 minute and they are 3 minutes apart. I get my phone and call Tobias. He doesn't answer. I call Zeke and he doesn't answer. Why isn't anyone answering me. I call Uriah and he finally answers. I get another contraction so I tell uriah to give me a minute. Once the contraction passes I tell him to start walking toward my house that I'm in labor. He gets here in about 10 minutes. He carries me to the hospital and tells me that Tobias is in a meeting with my dad and other faction leaders. I get my phone and I call my dad. He finally picks up.
Hey Daddy
Hey baby girl what's up I'm kinda in a meeting so make it fast
Daddy I'm in labor get Four here now
Okay baby we will be there soon
Okay love you
Love you too

~Tobias's pov~
Zeke and I have a meeting with Tris's dad and other faction leaders. I feel my phone vibrate and I hope it isn't tris because I can't answer it. Zeke phone rings too so something is going on. He looks at me with a concerned look but we just shake it off. Max's phone rings and he answers it and steps out of the room. He comes back in and says that we need to reschedule the meeting and looks at me and Zeke and says "tris is in labor". I get out of my seat so fast and start sprinting to the hospital. I run in and say "what room is Tris Eaton in". The nurse asks me what my relation is to her and I yell "IM HER HUSBAND". They say room 246 and I run to her room. I walk in and see uriah holding Tris's hand. I run over to her and kiss her forehead. I grab her hand and start saying soothing words to her.
~Tris's pov~
Tobias comes in and starts whispering stuff in my ear. The doctor comes in and says that I'm ready to push. I push 7 times and Adalynn is out. We hear her cries throughout the room and I start crying. I'm so happy she is here. They hand her to me and my heart melts. She is so beautiful. I look at Tobias and he is crying to. We kiss and then I hand Addie over to her daddy. I pull out my phone and take a picture because they are so cute. Addie grabs ahold of her daddy's finger. Tobias hands her back to me and I feed her. Then we all three fall asleep.

~so what do you guys think of this chapter... I tried to make it a longer one... comment and vote for this story and if you guys have any ideas comment them cause I'm having some writers block
Love you guys
Be brave 🖤