Chapter 9: Ends and Beginnings

4 days later...
Logan's POV
The peace talks happened and the Federation retracted their forces as well as ours. Any country that wished to leave the Federation was allowed to. A Memorial was under construction, but that's not what I was focusing on. I was at David's funeral at the moment. After all the visitors left leaving just me there. I approached the coffin and I heard a whimper as Riley went next to the coffin. His tail was down and his ears were downcast. I knelt next to him and scratched him behind the ears as he whimpered. "I know buddy I know."
I stood up and placed my hand on the top of the coffin and felt a soft touch on my other hand. I turned to see Anna and I pulled her into a hug. I said my goodbyes and went back to the car with Anna and Riley.
3 years later...
The backyard was full and Riley was still running around. I was with the rest of team as we had our little party. I was laughing with Merrick, Keegan and Kick as we reminisced about our past missions. I saw Anna talk with the other ladies as they laughed and Keegan's girlfriend giggled and pointed at him before continuing their conversation. I looked at Keegan expectantly while Kick and Merrick sniggered, "When are you gonna propose?"
He scratched his head nervously, "I don't know man. How'd you figure it out?"
I shrugged and wiggled my ring finger which had my wedding ring and I winked at Anna. She smirked and winked back before giving me a worried look. I frowned and nodded to the rest of them before going to Anna. She talks to the ladies and walks with me. She takes my hand and brings me inside. She leaned against the wall and I went to her and took her hands. "Hey," I said pulling her chin up. "What's going on?"
She looked away and her hands started shaking. I saw tears beginning to run down her cheeks and it hurt me to watch. I tilted her head and brushed the tears away. I pulled her in and kissed her before looking at her eyes.
"Anna, what's going on? I'm right here." She looked at me and leaned into me. She sobbed quietly and rubbed circles on her back before kissing her again. "Anna, please tell me." She didn't say anything and instead took my hand guided it to her stomach. I felt a small bulge and she looked at me.
My jaw dropped and I breathed in. My hands began to shake and I felt tears sting my eyes. She began to sob again and said, "I-I'm sorry."
I gave her a surprised look as I tilted her chin up. "Sorry!? For what?!" I laughed and pulled her into a hug as she began to laugh as well. I kissed her again and she responded with just as much vigor. I lifted her up and spun her before setting her down laughing. I crouched and kissed her stomach. She laughed against as we embraced and she looked up at me.
"You gonna tell them?" I smiled and kissed her. "Soon enough honey," I said. "Soon enough."
My life was not perfect by a long shot, but every moment I had with Anna was perfect. I'm not even gonna start on the kids being twins. I had names for them and Anna was more than happy to use them. I would be introducing two sons to the world. Elias and David Walker. I was still a Ghost, but all the people who fight and died with me were legends and legends never die.