Chapter 3 - The Shift

She sat there at the kitchen stool waiting for the final touch-ups of the ceremony. But suddenly she felt the greatest pain in her life. Then, she realized, she was shifting! She doesn’t know this because she doesn’t know her exact birthday. She ran outside and went into the forest. She found a good spot along the stream where no one will see her and there, she shifted for the first time.

                Pain, it was the only thing that she could feel as her bones rebroke. After an hour of pure pain, the shift finally ended. She went to the steam to quench her thirst. She drank as many water as she could ‘til she was satisfied. She looked at her reflection in the stream and was startled. There in front of her is a beautiful golden wolf. It’s large and color left her in awe.

                ‘Hi Alisa, my name is Armeda and I am your werewolf half,’ said a voice in her head.

                ‘You-your my wolf? T-this golden wolf in front of me?,’ Alisa asked her asked her almost not believing.

                ‘Yes. I am,’ Armeda answered with a chuckle.

                ‘But this couldn’t be. There’s no record of a golden wolf before,’ Alisasaid.

                ‘There is Alisa and that is me. And you’re the human that is entrusted with my spirit by the Moon Goddess,’ she replied.

                ‘But I’m just an omega. I can’t be the bearer of one of the first golden wolf in history. It’s impossible,’

                ‘Everything’s possible my dear. And please, don’t over underestimate yourself. You’re also the rarest among the rear you know. Now, I think we should head off to the pack house, other’s might be looking for us,’ her wolf said.

                ‘You’re right Armeda. But can I ask you a favour please?,’

                ‘Anything my dear,’

                ‘Can we not tell anyone about this? My life is already miserable and I do not wish to add more burden to it,’

                ‘As you wish my dear’

                She nodded, more to herself and run back into the pack house. When she’s near there, she shifted back to her human form and seeks clothes behind the trees where they put extra clothings so they won’t walk around naked when their clothes were ripped while shifting. After wearing the clothes she found, she slipped back to the pack house unnoticed and did the things she should do.

                What she didn’t know is that she was noticed by somebody. And that somebody is someone that will be an important part of her life.