Chapter 2- Meaning of a nickname

Hai hai!

Me again :3 sorry about not posting this beforehand.. I've had quite a lot of homework and a major writers block to accompany it.. But anyways, here we are! Chapter 2! Hope you have been liking it so far! ^~^

Bring on the Toshiro love! *^*

-Hinata's POV-

It had been already 3 weeks since I entered the academy, and Toshiro has already gotten used to having someone around him. Well, I'm actually not too sure since he's always acting grumpy and all, but I know he meant what he said that day. But either way, today was another day of the academy. I entered the gates with more glares from the girls than I had yesterday (which didn't bother me at all) and walked straight towards the forest surrounding the playground.

As soon as I hit the start of the trees, I dashed forwards, my arms stretched out behind me and my upper body leaning forward as I did so. The trees flashed by me like an electric current. The wind fanned my face, smiling as I hear the leaves crackling and swaying around the place.

The sounds of my sandals making contact with the ground also made a noise, one that went in step with the leaves that danced beneath my feet. By then, I was already half way into the normal meeting spot. There, I jumped up and onto a branch, crouching down before pushing myself off, going airborne. I repeated the steps, listening again for any sudden disruptions of sounds.

A sudden idea popped into my head at that exact moment, making me narrow my eyes. 'I should try and use it..' I thought to myself, placing my two hands together, the left on top of the right, and pushing both my middle and index fingers up. I held this close to my chin and blinked slowly as I whispered, "Byakugan.."

The next thing I knew, my vision suddenly rushed forward like changing the lens of a microscope machine. Again, my head was slow to adjust to the new setting, making me miss my landing and begin to fall through the trees. Soon, everything around me began to move in slow motion as I began free falling. It was something so dangerous, but once looking up at the sky above, it made you think what flying felt like. 'I don't know why I'm thinking like this..' I thought to myself, unable to stop day dreaming. 'I could possibly die from the impact..'

I prepared for the worst, disactivating my family blood trait before closing my eyes, allowing the wind to swallow up the surroundings as I waited for the crushing of bones to sudden spring up as I continued falling. And Falling. And Falling. And falling.. Nothing. 'Nani?..' I thought to myself before opening my eyes slowly, squinting as the sun's light shone in my face. 'Am I.. Moving?..' My body was being kept tightly close to a warm object. But before my eyes could see who that person was, I knew, very well it was none other than, "Toshiro-Kun.."

-Toshiro's POV-

'For the love of shurikens..' I thought to myself, trying to keep my concern from bursting all over the place by hiding it behind my slight annoyance. "Why didn't you do anything?.. You could have been killed!" I exclaimed in anger, still trying to drown out the concern that was still in my voice. "You're lucky I even came at this time.. Next time, you won't be so lucky.."

As to calm myself down, I inhaled deeply before exhaling, slightly closing my eyes longer when I blinked. Once reopening them, I looked down towards the 'one I saved' only moments ago to find a smile on her face. 'Ehh? A smile?' I thought, raising an eyebrow in confusion. 'Yare yare.. You never learn, do you?'

I suddenly crouched to a stop on a large branch, lifting myself up slowly as to not lose balance. "Don't worry Hinata.. We will definitely work on that." I said to her with a smile. 'Gosh this feels weird on my face..'