Richie Tozier

Imagine: Richie being embarrassed to tell you his fear

edited on December 31, 2020

Richie: I-I'm scared of...

Y/N: You're scared of what?

Richie: ...clowns

Richie sweated nervously while he sat in front of you. He could almost feel the clown staring at him from behind. he readjusted his glasses in an attempt to calm his nerves. 

"I think I saw someone selling cotton candy- I could go get us some" (y/n) tried to lighten the mood.

"No need, I can get it! I just got my allowance." Eddie said motioning for the rest of the losers to follow. 

Richie watched the group walk toward the cotton candy stand, leaving him and (y/n) alone. Richie glanced at (y/n). She/He/They were looking back at him. 

"Richie?"

"what?"

"Bev told me that you've all met the.. clown thing"

"yeah... has it messed with you too?"

(y/n) giggled "No- not yet"

Richie smiled a little before readjusting his glasses again. The clown that was performing was still staring at him and he could feel it. He felt the heavy sweat on the back of his neck intensify. Richie's attention was pulled back to (y/n) when he felt her/him/them grab his hand. 

"Hey Rich- what are you scared of?"

"Why are you the clown or something?"

(y/n) choked and started laughing "No, oh my god! I'm just curious- I'll tell you what I'm scared of!"

"well tell me then"

"don't laugh," (y/n) smiled and glanced into Richies eyes, "I'm scared of Moths"

"MOTHS?!"

"Richie! Now you tell me what you're scared of"

Richie laughed but nervously glanced behind him. He tried to focus of (y/n)'s hold on his hand.

"I-I'm scared of" Richie looked at (y/n).

"You're scared of what?"

"Clowns"

(y/n) pulled Richie into a loose hug "This clown that's coming for you guys must be great for you, huh?"

Richie shoved his face into your neck chuckled

"It's just peachy"