4

New York

There was something about the way Zane acted I didn't trust. It seemed like Mohinder had the same suspicions as me as he wouldn't stop staring at him as if trying to find something. It didn't help at all that he knew how I was before I or Mohinder told him so.

I decided to say quiet their entire conversation as they tried to figure it out how to find more people like me and Zane. They were looking over a list and a map on the wall as I continued sipping on the rest of my tea.

I watched them converse, tucking my legs onto my body and resting my chin on top of my knees as I blew a bang from my forehead. I was glad Mohinder had lend me the bathroom to clean up my face after he kindly patched up my forehead and checked the back of my head making sure I wasn't bleeding anymore or that I had a concussion.

If using our DNA's was what made Mohinder's father find us I wasn't about to offer my DNA specially with Sylar out there, so I stayed quiet when they were talking about running their genetic code to create another list.

"I'd say no" I spoke out, making them shut up and glance at me. I shifted under their gazes, "I'm not sure it's wise to find more people like us. I mean... There's enough living under the shadows not wanting to show what they can do. If there's a list, you're technically giving them up to Sylar in a silver plate for him to kill. I think it's safer if we don't know who they are. That way Sylar can't kill them like he killed my mom"

Mohinder flinched but sighed after a few seconds, knowing I was right "But still. Who knows how Sylar is finding them? How he found them before. We gotta warn them about him. How all of the killings aren't exactly random. If Sylar gets to them-"

"Exactly" Zane looked at us, nodding. He looked at the map, pulling out a post-it with a name and running to Mohinder "I mean, this one's in New York. I'll, uh, I-Isaac Mendez. I'll call him. And you just relax. Just take a minute."

Mohinder smiled slightly, nodding and glancing at me "You're very kind, Zane. Thank you"

The kettle whistled as he had put water again after he gave me the tea. 

Mohinder stood up walked around his desk toward the kitchen.

Zane looked at me. "You have no idea how alone I used to feel. Finding people like me. It's a dream come true. And Mohinder is the cause" I forced a smile, suddenly feeling creeped out. Zane turned to face Mohinder "He has given me hope"

Mohinder filled a cup, chuckling "Hope is great" he agreed, turning to face him, showing him the kettle "We need caffeine"

Zane smiled slightly, turning to face me every few seconds with a tilted head. The striking fear I just suddenly started having had me internally panicking, my heart racing a few miles per hour and Zane seemed to notice even if I was hiding my fear with a bored expression. He put his attention to Mohinder, curiously while he dialed on his phone "So this formula, if you figure it out, how many of us will you find?"

"Who knows?" Mohinder shrugged "Hundreds, thousands, maybe more. I mean, we found Rebecca who still hadn't her abilities yet. Maybe there are more like her"

They both turned to face making me shrug. I didn't agree on tracking down more people like us with the threat of Sylar for our powers. It wasn't safe.

Mohinder carried the cups into the next room.

"No. It's busy" Zane huffed, putting down the phone "I'll get him later" He grabbed a cup from Mohinder "To new friends"

The men clinked their cups. I watched intently as Zane sipped his tea as Mohinder nonchalantly returned back to his laptop, not touching his tea.

Zan looked down at his cup, humming in approval "This is good. What is it?"

"Chai" Mohinder replied, not looking up "It's a special blend my father brought from India"

Zane nodded in acknowledgment as he took another sip, glancing down at their map "Who are we going to call next?"

Mohinder paused, slowly looking up "No one" He turned to face Zane, coldly. I straightened up in shock at the unusual expression on the kind man "I already have you" Zane started blinking in a daze, forcing his sight on Mohinder "Mr. Sylar"

I gasped in shock and fear, realizing the man who killed my mom and tried to kill me had been in front of me all this time.

Zane or Sylar looked down at his cup realizing too late Mohinder had drugged him. His mug slipped from his fingers crashing on the floor breaking upon impact as he smashed down on the floor with a thud, unconscious.