10.

Manhattan, New York

I aimlessly walked around the Petrelli Manor stopping on a studio, looking around the bookshelf curiously, passing my fingers over the tittles of the books without pulling them out of their place.

"Marie Sinclair" I turned around in surprise at a voice behind me, turning around to see Nathan cautiously walking inside holding a bunch of papers "I knew I had heard that name before"

"You knew my mother?" I asked slightly surprised

Nathan nodded curtly, "I was young but I was observant. When growing up, every year, a woman named Marie Sinclar came to pay a visit to my father. According to my mother she had been a charity work he had been doing and liked to keep track of it" I looked down. I knew now what was the reason she kept coming. "Whenever I asked, he avoided the question. I should have known. Especially for the way she used to look at me and Peter when we came across her"

"Shame" I said quietly. Nathan nodded slowly "Before she died she told me she felt that way after she found out she was pregnant with me. She didn't say your dad's name though, only that he was married"

"And apparently dad only missed to meet you" Nathan said carelessly, showing me a file, throwing it on a table. I slowly scattered the papers, curiously racking through them "The reason your mother came wasn't because she wanted to. My father was paying her money to stay away and raise you and in exchange for leaving you alone, she had to tell him all of your successes and growing up in a year. It was his way of knowing about you"

"More like finding out if I was special like mom" I murmured in disdain.

Nathan seemed to hear that, lifitng an eyebrow in curiositiy. "All paper in there indicates you're a Petrelli" He gestured at one paper I was holding. "Dad's name is on your birth certificate along a fake copy with a different name to cover up your identity. It wasn't so hard to find. Dad had them on the top drawer of his desk hiding in plain sight as if he wanted us to find it some day. That's why I'm not calling you liar or that you're faking to be our sister for money"

I quietly flipped through each page, seeing the name Arthur Petrelli scrambled on the line father on an elegant handwriting. It made all of it real when I had claimed over my head Angela was lying and she had the wrong girl but the evidence didn't lie. It was a thick file filled with every achiviement I had gained since I was five, including my grades on the private school and photographs of each year of my life. I couldn't believe a man who claimed to be my father knew so much about me but I knew so little of him, less knowing what he looked like.

It was creepy but it made sense cause I knew his intentions on procreating me with my mom. He wanted more powers. He wanted to know if combining his genes with another special person would create another special being. It was sick.

I suddenly felt nauseous, bringing a hand to cover my mouth "I wouldn't want it" I whispered at Nathan, looking up at him with misty eyes, holding back my tears as I dropped my hand. "Not after this. Learning that all my life I was never...I was lied to. Treated as trash by my own father. A scum of man. Sorry for offending him. But to me he's not and never will be my father. He's just a sperm donor to me" I closed the files, slowly tracing the words scribbled on the front of the file Sinclair. "I am not interested on being your family, Mr. Petrelli"

I gave him the file. 

Nathan took the file, staying quiet for a moment "And I understand" He said nodding in acknowledment "I do"

"And besides, Mr. Congressman" I began in a mocking tone "It wouldn't look good on you, would it? What would people think when they see there's bpth a daugther and a sister popping up out of nowhere?" Nathan didn't answer, knowing I was right but also cautious as if knowing where was a threat hidden between lines. I began walking away, past him, pausing at the entrance of the studio, looking at him over my shoulder, smiling sweetly and sarcastically. "Oh, your mother is a very persuasive woman who accepts no's for answers" Nathan grimaced, probably knowing what I meant "So, the three of us, Claire, your mother and I will have a good trip on Paris" I feigned excitement, clapping my hands together "Wonderful for bonding time, don't you think?" 

I dropped my smile, walking away from the room.