A Bad Night with a Happy Ending

The rest of that day, you knew Blake and her team were out for the day. As such, you took the opportunity to buy a few things for her. You didn't know but you just felt it was right, thus you bought a small bouquet of flowers and a new book. Needless to say, you REALLY wanted this to work out.

That night, you had gathered your supplies, your team wished you luck, and you took off to see Blake. As you were walking to the RWBY dorm, you saw Blake coming towards you, running.

(Y/N): Oh, Blake. Uh, hey-

Blake pushed past you and kept running. You were shocked and worried about her. However, rather than going after her, you chose to go to her dorm to interrogate her team.

(Y/N): What did you do to her?!

Ruby: (Y/N)! What do you-oh, Blake?

(Y/N): Yes! What did you do to her?!

Yang: Ask HER that.

You looked to where Yang was pointing, Weiss.

(Y/N): What? Did. You. Do. To. Her.

Weiss: She's White Fang. A terrorist. She's-

(Y/N): A runway. She was running from something when I found her.

Weiss is taken back a bit, but still stands firm. You grew visibly more frustrated. Eventually, you just let out a little scream in frustration and took off after Blake. You quickly went outside to the courtyard to find Blake.

You could see her standing by the statue. Before you could take off after her, you saw her remove her bow to relieve two...cat ears. She was a Faunus!

(Y/N): Blake?

Blake turns around to see you.

Blake: (Y/N)? I'm sorry! You shouldn't see me like this!

(Y/N): Why? Blake...what's wrong?

Blake: I'm just...this.

(Y/N): Blake?

Blake: I'm sorry.

Suddenly, Blake vanishes from the scene. You pick up it was one of her Shadow clones. Silently cursing to yourself, you pick up on Bake's trail. You can almost see her in the distance as well.

(Y/N): (To yourself) I'm coming, Blake.

With that you take off after Blake. As you were running through the city, you could only see glimpses of Blake. You had enough of this and began to hop to the rooftops to track her more easily. You caught eye of Blake running and you knew what to do in the situation, you ran after her.

It was hard due to her being: further away and able to run faster than you. While it was annoying, you just had to keep up with her. Luckily, Blake went to ground to evade you. You then took to faster pace and you were able to reach Blake from across the street. You leapt down and and tackled Blake into a alley.

(Y/N): Blake! It's me!

Blake: (Y-Y/N)?

You both got up and moved to the wall of the alley. You reached up to Blake's bow to untie it. She grabbed your wrist to stop you. Both of you looked one another in the eyes and Blake let go of your writes. You untied the bow and exposed her cat ears. Blake looked down in dejection and you saw this sadness.

Thinking of a way to cheer her up, you just had to. You reached up and began to pet her cat ears. Blake's eyes shot open and she glared at you. Rather than stopping, you kept it up and Blake actually began to purr. She moved her head onto your shoulder due to this. Rather than stopping, you kept it up. You moved one another down to sit down in the alley.

While you were doing this, you kept petting Blake with your left hand while your right arm wrapped around her to keep her close.

(Y/N): Calm downed?

Blake: I-I'm sorry.

(Y/N): The only thing you need to be sorry about is running off like you did.

Blake: That's all I do! If there is a problem, I run! I ran from my home! I ran from the White Fang, from you!

(Y/N): Hey...it's ok. Besides, they aren't that bad.

Blake: What?

(Y/N): Your ears. They're...kinda cute.

Blake quickly turns away from you. Unknown to you, she was blushing form the comment. After the blush died down, she turned back to you and nodded.

Blake: Thanks. So does my mom. If-that's not weird or anything?

(Y/N): (Chuckles) It's fine. So why did you run away from the Fang?

Blake: (Sighs) Promise not to tell anyone?

(Y/N): Unless you want me to.

Blake: Ok. I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it...Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and the Faunus.Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as the voice of our people. And I was there.I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. I actually thought we were making a difference. But I was just a youthful optimist. Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was, it was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear. So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence, and instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress. So here I am: a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little black bow.

(Y/N): I take it no one from RWBY knows.

Blake shakes her head no. Suddenly, your scroll starts ringing. You take it out and see that Gure is calling you. You look at Blake who gestures for you to pick up and thus, you do so.

(Y/N): Hello.

Gure: (Y/N)! Buddy, where have you been?

(Y/N): Places. Why?

Gure: We're worried about you. RWBY said you just took off after learning about Blake. She ok?

(Y/N): I'm still looking for her. Get some rest...that's an order. I'll keep looking for her.

Gure: You sure, boss?

(Y/N): Positive.

Gure: Alright. Night man.

(Y/N): Same to you.

You hung up and looked back at Blake.

Blake: Why-

(Y/N): Give you time. Go! Get out of here. Spend some time to think.

As you stood up, Blake grabbed your hand. You look back at her and she pulls you back down.

Blake: Please.

(Y/N): ...Sure.

Blake lies her head back on your shoulder. You wrap your arm around her and lies your head on hers to keep her by your side.